BobBski 2017..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always a nice breeze on the waterfront so don't notice the humidity. Now if I go into town it's another story.

Instead of attaching an awning I use a Sportsbrella XL, it's 60" wide and great protection from wind, rain and sun.  I've used it for several years while fishing and it transports nicely in the fishing rod closet.
IMG_3391.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3391.JPG
    IMG_3391.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 21
Port Aransas Tx, it doesn't get much better:)
IMG_3389.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3389.JPG
    IMG_3389.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 17
No, that's not the sun, it's the moon right at sunset.
IMG_3390.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3390.JPG
    IMG_3390.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 13
sweet moonrise
We could really use a natural predator for fire ants here

so that's what Port Aransas looks like, awesome!! I've to see it for myself one of these days.

ArtW...I just hope I never trip and do a face plant in a hill lol :)

LMTLMT...definitely an enjoyable place

There are big wave warning signs all along the sea wall at Port Aransas.  These waves are caused by the big ships passing by.  Short 0:44 second video 
IMG_3394.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3394.JPG
    IMG_3394.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 17
Does that Sportsbrella hold up to high wind gusts, in other words are the struts fiberglass that flex or metal that bends.

IMG_3418.JPG
The closest Walmart from our camp is 10 miles away in Aransas Pass.  Getting there involved taking the girls on their first ferry ride.  Ferry runs 24/7 and is free, they run anywhere up to 6 ferries at a time depending on traffic.  From my time of arrival to the ferry departing was less than 15 minutes.  Life is good.

Attachments

• IMG_3418.JPG
    IMG_3418.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 13
bullfrog said:
Does that Sportsbrella hold up to high wind gusts, in other words are the struts fiberglass that flex or metal that bends.

I've had mine for 6 years in some pretty nasty weather without issue.  Not sure of strut material.  Wind gets too high I just reposition van or umbrella to keep it out of direct force.  I've been next to RV's who made the mistake of keeping their awnings out in high winds that got trashed and the umbrella survived do to repositioning.  All shelters be it awnings, tarps, tents, umbrellas have limitation but, savvy owners can get the most out of them.

Bullfrog... it does flex and give with the wind, haven't had the struts bend. One of the best $60 purchases I've ever made. It has been used extensively.

IMG_3454.JPG
Tonight there was a lunar eclipse, snow moon I guess they call it.  I took video clips at various times throughout the timeframe they said it would be.  I didn't notice any eclipse but sure got some nice video, 58 seconds worth.  Y'all have a great weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_3454.JPG
    IMG_3454.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 10
Bob, the video wouldn't play for me. Maybe the problem is on my end. Have a real slow connection tonight.

Don't know what it could be Sunny. Link works fine for me and shows others have viewed.

The girls always keep my seat warm when I leave the vehicle :)
IMG_3485.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3485.JPG
    IMG_3485.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 17
IMG_3486.JPG
Port Aransas Tx has some great beaches too. 

Attachments

• IMG_3486.JPG
    IMG_3486.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 13
BobBski said:
The girls always keep my seat warm when I leave the vehicle :)

One of my dogs, a 60 pound shepherd mix, has a bad habit of jumping into the driver's seat and honking the horn with his butt when he turns around. I have to put my poo bucket on the seat now. :)

Good Night All :)
IMG_3493.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3493.JPG
    IMG_3493.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 14