Bear safety?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent news. I will cover myself with bacon grease to celebrate.  :cool:

Bear safety....you're doing it wrong.

hawgist-10.gif

I don't know, Putts. Looks like she has pretty good technique to me. :) Can just picture her running out of bread when the teddy bear wants more. In gridlock traffic and it slamming her window.....

That poor bear!

Aside from a really poor diet of white bread, the human in the video and others before her have sentenced that bear to death by humans.

Sad!

Almost There said:
That poor bear!

Aside from a really poor diet of white bread, the human in the video and others before her have sentenced that bear to death by humans.

Sad!

I've often heard that a "fed bear is a dead bear"... I thought a similar thing. 

Pat

On the maiden voyage that led directly to Yellowstone, I was concerned about bears too, not overly, but cautiously, had never been to bear country.  Ended up camping in a free camping spot between Yellowstone and Teton.  Best spot ever!  They had air tight bear boxes at the sight for trash, food leftovers.  Just before that spot, I finally bought some Huckleberry Jam.  Had it and some syrup on pancakes made on the propane stove in the rig.  Had 2 windows cracked and the vent fan on.  Seems like I really did it wrong but am still here to tell the tale.  I asked a friend if he wanted to try the jam on a piece of bread and he said no.  Why? I asked.  He said if people keep taking all the bears food, the bears are going to get more hungry.  Made sense to me.  Looks like next time I'll eat a dinner that does not require the stove, will keep the side windows closed, and close the vent most of the time, keep food, cosmetics and toothpaste in airtight containers.  Not a big deal.  I asked my firearms instructor about bears in case I'd be boondocking in the wild.  We're talking a 20g, and he said nope, that's not gonna get it but you will for sure pis* it off.  Ok, I got it now.   :p

Oh, I met a lady at that same campsite who told me she was armed with bear spray. The only thing was she did not ask how to use it so she sprayed it on herself thinking it must be like mosquito repellent. Ah, the things we do.

Now that's funny!

"Love the smell of capsaicin in the mornin' "