Be still, my beating heart (hope I'm not jinxing myself)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is the definitive source
Two words by way of unsolicited advice
Speed Square
get one before you make the first cut in the first piece of wood, you'll be glad you did

LOL! I was going to comment on the meaning of life being 42, but 3 1/2 is sooooooooo much easier to achieve. HA!

AbuelaLoca said:
I've fallen in love! She's right down the street from me and at a price that I can well, well, well afford and I just have to share my excitement and ask that y'all send me positive thoughts and prayers and anything else you think might help me get her!! I've already named her "Juanita" and she's so cheap that I could afford an awesome solar setup right out of the gate!! Oh my goodness... She's a 1993 Ford Clubwagon with 73,493 miles and no evidence of leaking anything underneath. It was a wheelchair van, so the inside has already been pretty much gutted for me!! There is very little rust around the bottom of the barn doors, but not bad... her twin sits next to her (yes, there are two vans on the lot) and is also a 93 Clubwagon, but the rear quarter panels between the tires and the back bumper are all rusted away... But Juanita... well, she has a lot of oxidation on the hood and high top, but very little rust! There are definitely things that have to be fixed... the back door handle doesn't work and they literally have a metal latch keeping the doors together!! I can't test drive until Monday, so I really hope all my excitement isn't for naught, but I just couldn't contain any longer! ROFL

If it has the overdrive and is equipped with E4OD transmission ( it will have an overdrive cancel button on the shifter and  P-R-N-OD-2-1 [size=small]shifter pattern[/size]) and has not had the transmission upgraded  I would make sure to check the fluid and MAKE sure that its does not smell burnt and that it shifts with no problems or hesitation.
94's and above had the upgraded transmissions (very expensive upgrade $1600-2400) as they were prone to failure.

You made me go look! P R N D 2 1... so I'm guessing no overdrive. It shifts fine, don't know about "smell" of fluid; not sure if my son-in-law smelled, but I know he checked it and also looked for any leaks.

AbuelaLoca said:
You made me go look! P R N D 2 1... so I'm guessing no overdrive. It shifts fine, don't know about "smell" of fluid; not sure if my son-in-law smelled, but I know he checked it and also looked for any leaks.

Sounds like the C-6... very reliable almost bullet proof, Thumbs up!   
The AOD is  P-R-N-OD-D-1
 The E4OD  [size=small]has an Overdrive Cancel Switch on the shifter and has a P-R-N-OD-2-1 pattern same as the [size=small]4R70W transmission which is a another great transmission.[/size][/size]