Ball joint 91 Chevy suburban

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoamingUSA79

Reaction score
Of course right when I'm almost ready to get on the road.... turning a corner and the ball joint decides to unthread itself and and detach itself ugh... trying to get it fixed ASAP have a job in Colorado beginning of May. In Prescott  AZ  have land of anyone wants to come help me out I need as much as I can get lol... Got the new ball joint going to try and do it tomorrow I work a lot trying to get money together to leave after some unfortunate things happened in Colorado got stuck and had to leave my camper there at a friend's trying to get back asap. I don't expect anything for free but I will take any kinda help.  Thank you all even if it's just advice still kinda new.

RoamingUSA79 said:
Of course right when I'm almost ready to get on the road.... turning a corner and the ball joint decides to unthread itself and and detach itself ugh... trying to get it fixed ASAP have a job in Colorado beginning of May. In Prescott  AZ  have land of anyone wants to come help me out I need as much as I can get lol... Got the new ball joint going to try and do it tomorrow I work a lot trying to get money together to leave after some unfortunate things happened in Colorado got stuck and had to leave my camper there at a friend's trying to get back asap. I don't expect anything for free but I will take any kinda help.  Thank you all even if it's just advice still kinda new.

Last I checked they are pressed in, got any pictures? Sounds like a neglected problem that showed up with plenty of warning unless the castle nut came loose due to lack of cotter pin.

Weldman said:
Last I checked they are pressed in, got any pictures? Sounds like a neglected problem that showed up with plenty of warning unless the castle nut came loose due to lack of cotter pin.

Yes it was the cotter pin I just got the vehicle and happen the second day driving it . I fixed it rented the tool and got it done.

that's the last of the good old square body Suburban's. if it's a 4x4 it should have a solid axle. highdesertranger

Latest posts