ATT Vs Verizon

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelander

Reaction score
My WIFI hotspot is rebooting every few minutes, its a Netgear Nighthawk M1 and it seems these units have the problem. After reading through other forum, it seems this is common.

Well wireless provider Nomad doesn't have any more Netgear hotspots, for sale, but they do have some for Verizon.

What service does everyone on here recommend?

Howdy neighbor.....Across the street we're using AT&T signal with our Mighty WiFi...........We have a signal "most" of the time out here in the far reaches of the LTVA..............(those towers are so short in town)

Our Verizon phones and their Hotspots are useless here

Aloha neighbors. My provider uses Verizon towers. I have nothing to complain about out here -- as long as I'm surfing and streaming and downloading in the middle of the night. Using my ipad on my phone's hotspot struggles even at 3 AM though.

But most places we have been were better for Verizon than for AT&T users.

Dang, it's the gang!

I have both ATT and Verizon. Most places I go Verizon works better but I was using ATT the entire time in Q. I do have a booster that the hotspots reside in while using them. The booster is almost always on with a hotspot in it.

You can buy a hotspot without a data plan and just move the sim card (make sure the new hotspot takes the same size sim).

ATT here and it pretty much has been good about anywhere

I don't know what happened but the WIFI seems to be working now it hasn't disconnected or rebooted it several hours. At since I parked for the night earlier today.

Darn new fangled gadgets! I hate when out of nowhere something starts working again. Never sure I can trust it after that until it has worked for quite some time.

My visible phone started rebooting unexpectedly after new software update...it sucks but i deal with it.

Well an update on my WIFI problems. I am using Nomad Moble Internet service withs Netgear Nighthawk M1 WIFI routers and got an email from them.

Ot appears ATT has changed the terms on access and Nomad won't agree to the new terms. So will be discontinuing service ATT, and will change my service to Verizon.

Its funny that since I left AZ I had very little problems with it.

I was with T-Mobile for a number of years and just switched to US Mobile, a MVNO for both Verizon and T-mobile.  I ended up with two lines with 15gb of data each for what I was paying for one T-Mobile line...and the best part is the one line for my phone is Verizon and my second line for my tablet is T-Mobile so I have two networks I can access regardless of where I go.

AT&T and it's resellers are going to have a issue develop over the next year as they shut down their 2G/3G networks and use a device whitelist to ban unapproved devices from their networks....so I'd recommend looking at other alternatives.

It's Visible all the way with me. Love it. I just took this screenshot but for some unknown reason the time is off by an hour. It's usually correct. Anyway, they don't cap or slow down my data unless the towers are jammed up. This year I've had no problems streaming ever. Right now I'm at Laposa North but I've been all over this area. I do have a Weboost Sleek but I don't always have to use it. Right now, I'm not using it

visible.jpg

Attachments

• visible.jpg
    visible.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 11
I have postpaid plans from AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon. They are not cheap, but I'm connected and that's what matters to me.