ATT Mobley - 2hr Time out work-around

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ice_maiden

Reaction score
Just dropping by to let those of you with the ATT  Mobley know a work around I found for stopping the 2hr time out.

I have my Mobley in my RV on a power adapter.  My device didn't start timing out until December, and yes it was irritating for it to time out.  But I found anytime I even bumped it,  it came back on. This made me realize constant motion would keep it on.  I always keep a small fan running so I hooked the Mobley to the fan and it thinks it in a running vehicle. Always on.  At the moment mine has been on for 2 days without timing out.

The fan works for me, but I imagine anything with a "gentle" vibrations would work

Thanks so much ice_maiden! So far, which is overnight,  it is working by hanging it in the window of my trailer and it's been windy.  Didn't have a fan handy and nighttime temps here are pretty low so don't really want a fan blowing inside.  But the windows of my trailer let the wind whistle in so something that I cursed a couple days ago has now turned into a blessing.  Lol.

Why not switch your sim card to a AT&T hot spot device like a M1 Nighthawk or a Unite Explore Rugged 815S? You'd get better speeds and not have all the hassle. I've had mine out of the Mobley for almost 1.5 years now. As a matter of fact I got an Nighthawk for $50 as an upgrade offer from AT&T.

I have the USB adapter for mine I plug it into the side of my laptop and have internet wherever I go. No shutoff timer. Also, I believe when I got mine the instructions said there is a setting for that?

Came to check for updates and to post mine. Occasionally I've had issues with moving the Mobley in some way to keep it going and not shut off after 2 hours. Sometimes it locks up, I'll still be connected to it but I won't have internet so I'll have to unplug it, plug it back in and wait for internet again. Most of the time it works though.

Storm there used to be a setting for staying on all the time but AT&T nixxed it because people were using the Mobleys as their home internet, not the intent AT&T had for it.

That said Blizzard is coming out with the classic version of Warcraft. Time to buy the adapter as I don't want to have to think about it while I am farming!

Headache said:
Came to check for updates and to post mine. Occasionally I've had issues with moving the Mobley in some way to keep it going and not shut off after 2 hours. Sometimes it locks up, I'll still be connected to it but I won't have internet so I'll have to unplug it, plug it back in and wait for internet again. Most of the time it works though.

Storm there used to be a setting for staying on all the time but AT&T nixxed it because people were using the Mobleys as their home internet, not the intent AT&T had for it.

That said Blizzard is coming out with the classic version of Warcraft. Time to buy the adapter as I don't want to have to think about it while I am farming!