Astro / Safari.... Various Thoughts

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also figuring the layout of my Caravan and thought I'd put some of my thoughts down. My goal is not stealth, but it would have that ability. I'd rather drive 10 miles than live in the fear that I would get a vagrancy ticket, or run the risk of having my van turned upside down looking for contraband. IMO - don't give 'em an excuse. Find a legal way and sleep better at night. Find a trailer park that will let you park on site for cheap, without hookups. A LOT LESS HASSLE all the way around. -- OR -- don't park in your overnight spot until you are ready to sleep, and leave as soon as the sun comes up.

As for your music equipment, you can cover large speakers with plastic tablecloth or shower curtain and use as a desk. Build a wood frame and set them under. Store dishpan, stove away until used on that table top.

My thoughts on set up:
1) Bed -- will go on the RIGHT side, (taller cabinets behind driver seat), so that I can see backwards while driving. In camp, I'd put up foil insulating material on that side for privacy. It has crossed my mind to use a folding lawn recliner for my bed -- light weight and movable during the day to give more room. I may nix this idea, as I liked Bob's wood frame, and I'd use underneath for gallon jugs of water.
2) Water -- I'd use the 2.5 gallon water container with the spigot, on a shelf.
3) Shower -- heat a gallon jug in the sun (or on the dashboard) kneel in a large storage drawer -- wet hair and washcloth -- wash, shampoo -- rinse -- dump water in 5 gallon disposal bucket for grey water to dump later in a drain.
4) Minimize minimize minimize

Why carry such large speakers?? There are small ones that will blow you out of the space and save a lot of room for items you actually need to be comfortable.

bindi&us said:
A "Plain Jane" white cargo van is about as stealth as you can ask for. They blend in about anywhere. Drive around residential areas and you see them all over the place. They sit in lots all night undisturbed.
Personally, I think covered windows draw more attention than top vents and roof racks camouflaging a few solar panels.

Greetings!

Having had a plain jane white cargo van, I can tell you that it attracted every cop and security guard everywhere. The second I would pull into a neighborhood where I was known and welcomed in a regular camper van, the cops were there. Parking around other similar vans, first security guards, then then the cops.

The cops told me first hand that any cargo van registered to an individual or an out of the area company or person, comes under immense scrutiny as either being a mobile meth lab or thieves/burglars. Once the cops would check me out, I was fine, but as soon as I moved to a different location, it would happen all over again. And heaven help you if you were on the road with it between 10pm-6am. More than once I got pulled over multiple times when driving just across town after midnight.

Now the cops did tell me that an obvious service van, with name & number PAINTED on the side would only be scrutinized if that business was not in the phone book or seemed to be in an unlikely area, or at an unlikely hour of the day/night. This info came straight from cops all over the country, so it is guaranteed accurate, first hand from my own experiences & travels, not second or third hand.

Then there's the thieves that think maybe there's tools inside, so they break in and trash the place, stealing anything of value. That happened to me several times over the course of time I owned that pain in the butt van.

I have also talked to dozens if not hundreds of other van dwellers from all over the country, and almost every one of them has had the same experiences I've had. Maybe some areas are different. To my surprise, nobody bothered me in Austin, TX the single town that ignored my white cargo van. From Seattle to Orlando, that was the ONLY town that I didn't have problems in.

With my obvious camper van, at least on the rare occasion that I get contacted by the cops in the middle of the night, they don't have their guns drawn.

So suit yourselves, but you can't say that you weren't warned.

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man

The CamperVan_Man said:
Greetings!

Where are you like.cated? I'm guessing in the Vancouver BC area, since I saw you post a CL ad from there... VBC has a huge van dwelling community, so I'm guessing it's not illegal... From what I've read, pretty much all of Canada is Full Timer Friendly...

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man

Yeah, Vancouver. I tried to find out about the illegalities of it but was not successful.

Thanks Camper Man. good info to think over.

The CamperVan_Man said:
Greetings!

Having had a plain jane white cargo van, I can tell you that it attracted every cop and security guard everywhere. The second I would pull into a neighborhood where I was known and welcomed in a regular camper van, the cops were there. Parking around other similar vans, first security guards, then then the cops.

The cops told me first hand that any cargo van registered to an individual or an out of the area company or person, comes under immense scrutiny as either being a mobile meth lab or thieves/burglars. Once the cops would check me out, I was fine, but as soon as I moved to a different location, it would happen all over again. And heaven help you if you were on the road with it between 10pm-6am. More than once I got pulled over multiple times when driving just across town after midnight.

Now the cops did tell me that an obvious service van, with name & number PAINTED on the side would only be scrutinized if that business was not in the phone book or seemed to be in an unlikely area, or at an unlikely hour of the day/night. This info came straight from cops all over the country, so it is guaranteed accurate, first hand from my own experiences & travels, not second or third hand.

Then there's the thieves that think maybe there's tools inside, so they break in and trash the place, stealing anything of value. That happened to me several times over the course of time I owned that pain in the butt van.

I have also talked to dozens if not hundreds of other van dwellers from all over the country, and almost every one of them has had the same experiences I've had. Maybe some areas are different. To my surprise, nobody bothered me in Austin, TX the single town that ignored my white cargo van. From Seattle to Orlando, that was the ONLY town that I didn't have problems in.

With my obvious camper van, at least on the rare occasion that I get contacted by the cops in the middle of the night, they don't have their guns drawn.

So suit yourselves, but you can't say that you weren't warned.

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man

Then... there is a cheap paint option. There are different techniques and various degrees of professional quality. I'd try the two-coat technique and forget being too fancy.

Spray technique, with Rustoleum gloss

this guy has a video showing it two years later, after sitting in the sun. Nice.

Paint roller technique

CamperVan_man,

My experience has been very different from yours. The many vandwellers I know and have talked to have very different stories than your friends do. In my experience a white cargo van is one of the stealthiest vehicles and the one I recommend for stealth. Neither of us are right or wrong we just have a difference of experience and opinion. Your's isn't better than mine, nor is mine better than yours; they are just different.

The many different voices make the choir beautiful.

$100 a month may not be important to you, but to many people on this forum it is the difference between eating and going hungry. To them, they will gladly give up some comfort to be able to eat.

And who decides what comfort is? I know many people that having the absolute minimum of stuff in their tiny mini-van is heaven, and filling it with "comfort" items is hell. Are they wrong? Who cares, it makes them happy and that is the whole goal of this thing!!!!

There is absolutely not one right, best way to do anything in vandwelling!!

There is only what works for each individual for today.
Bob

Belinda2 said:
CamperVan_Man,
I respectfully don't agree. Stealth is my number one priority. You have been allowed to park at the same spot where you live for years. The neighbors approve of you and the cops have grandfathered you in with the no camping sign that is posted for that street now. The rest of us are moving our vehicles several times a day to remain stealth. If I get caught and get ANYTHING on a criminal record, my job and career is OVER. I can't take even one run in with the police. That's why I am on this site spending hours contemplating the correct vehicle, supplies, and set-up.

Greetings Belinda!

What area are you in?

Actually the neighborhood you were speaking of, wasn't no camping, but no parking 10pm-6am. It is on the park side of a residential street, and I guess they were having late night party problems at the park. Since I was never a part of the problem, they just don't care about me being parked there. Other neighborhood cars are also parked overnight there without a problem, so my guess is that they only enforce it if there's a problem.

When I AM parked under a "No Camping" sign, mainly on the Oregon Coast, that is where I do go into stealth mode, making my van look empty, even though I'm inside... Never got caught yet...

I actually travel quite a lot, but my normal stomping grounds are North of Sacramento/San Francisco and West of Montana, but with my work I might be anywhere in the country for any given length of time. Looks like I might be headed for San Bernardino, CA next, if I can't fix their problems remotely.

Generally, I see 2 kinds of people talking about stealth, people who have never been out here doing it yet, and people who have never tried any other way. And the latter frequently have many horror stories to tell. In 50+ years, I don't have one single horror story with window vans, about anything that is relevant to this discussion. In a panel/cargo van I got hassled all the time, in my window vans, I get checked on occasionally, but never once been surrounded by cops with their guns out, like happened with the cargo van.

When you pick up a newspaper, or watch TV, and they are talking about homeless people living in vans, the pictures are ALWAYS of white cargo vans. Mobile meth labs, white cargo vans, burglars, more unmarked white cargo vans. Watch by the side of the road, especially at night, you will see a lot of unmarked cargo vans pulled over by the cops. You hardly ever see a window van or a station wagon pulled over, mainly hot rods, SUV's and cargo van's. IF you see a window van in the news with people living in it, the whole tone of the story is different than that of people living in cargo vans. It's more of a human interest story instead of a crime report type of reporting. Since sometime in about the early 1980's the media has given a bad rap to cargo vans. In the 70's I had an old telco cargo van, nobody cared. In 1985 I had a 2 year old, BEAUTIFUL, white Chevy cargo van, that instantly turned into a nightmare.

Check your local laws, is it even a problem camping on the street, inquire at the police station. If it is illegal, just tell them you have a homeless friend who is living in their vehicle, and ask them where a safe place to park for them is. You may find the local police to be very helpful, and they never have to know that you're talking about you. Check your local churches, if on street is illegal, you might get a permanent or at least semi-permanent place to park. I'm really against people getting themselves into a position where they have to be constantly looking over their shoulder.

I would only worry about stealth if there were absolutely no other options available, and there are usually many better options. I think it's okay for the cops to know you in most situations, once they know you're not a trouble maker, or a criminal, you're pretty much home free. I've actually had cops who have brought me coffee and donuts in the morning on their break, to just sit and chat for a bit. Some cops ARE power hungry, but there's some really good ones too. Cops don't have to be the enemy.

Last time I was down in Sacramento, I was parked beside a city park, and about once an hour a police car would drive by. I'm a night owl, and my van is usually lit up at night, while I'm working on my computer. So I'd wave, and the cop would wave back. Never stopped... I pulled in on a Wednesday. Saturday rolled around, and there was a soccer game in the park, which I watched, sitting in my recliner, with my side doors open. After the game, this nice gentleman came over to my van, and I smiled and asked how he was doing, in my typical fashion. We introduced each other and shook hands, and chatted for a while. Come to find out, he was the police officer, I had been waving at. I asked if it was normal for him to drive by the park about once an hour, and he said "No, not really, but it's so refreshing to see a smiling face and a wave, instead of people running and hiding from you, that I enjoy checking on you." I told him that was great, and that he had made my day... I meant it too.

I have found that even if there are anti-camping laws on the books, that they are frequently only selectively enforced. Meaning that if nobody complains, they won't enforce it. A lot of those laws were made to solve a particular problem that may have happened years ago, and they only enforce them if they need to. Those "Occupy" movements a year or two ago, they brought out old laws and enforced them. Across town, nobody bothered me...

The point is check out all of your options, BEFORE, you decide what you need to do. Don't take my word for it, or anybody elses. You are in the best place to check for and figure out your options for your area. If you need help, I'd be honored to help you explore a large number of off street options if that's what you need. I deal with van dwellers and their problems all over the country, and have become a reasonably good resource for unconventional solutions. None of which include the fear of anybody finding out. We can always do much better than that.

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man

Duck said:
MPG is a confusing way of calculating it I think for people who aren't used to it, because it varies so much. Intuitively many people think it is the same regardless of what you are doing, not realizing it is dependent on the consumption you are starting from.

If your comparing a 10mpg vehicle to a 20mpg vehicle
you are using 50 gallons less to go 1000 miles (100 gallons vs 50 gallons consumed) for a savings of 200$
However from 20mpg to 30 mpg you are using 16.7 gallons less.(50 gallons vs 33.33 gallons) for a savings of only 67$.
Greetings!

Oh, I totally agree, it actually has to do with percentages, but for most, that just confuses them even more, so I tried to keep my example as simple as possible...

For me, even if money was a BIG issue, I would be perfectly willing to work just a little bit harder to support the comfort factor. Comfort is one of those things that I almost consider priceless, and certainly worth any amount of extra fuel required.

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man

Greetings Starlight!

If you need help with non stealth parking plans, just let me know, there's quite a few. Do check with the police in your area, to check on the laws, and whether they're enforced, and ask them for suggestions/alternatives.

Stealth is like a last ditch resort for me...

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man

I can't claim 50 years in this lifestyle, but since 1988 I've lived in several types of vehicles. Quite honestly, the only time I was hassled was last year when we parked on an empty lot beside a church on the edge of Bend, Or. The cops said the church didn't want us there and advised us of a place down the road where we'd be ok for the night. They don't like you parking in lots there, but never had a problem on the side of a commercial street we used when we came in from the BLM for supplies and fun.
As for a cargo van...never a problem with either of the ones I've had.
Part of the equation is being smart about where you park whatever vehicle you use.

Greetings Bob!

I'm really not trying to tell people what is or isn't right for them, but I want people to understand that there are tons of options available out here, options that I don't see others mentioning.

I deal with van dwellers across the country, I built many of their camper vans, and I have worked with them to solve their van dwelling problems.

What I'm trying to bring to the table are solutions, and a variety of them, because you're right, different situations can require different solutions.

Many people read the information here, many more than those who choose to register or post. The one thing that almost everyone has in common is the need for solutions. That's where "I" come in, I have a large book full of solutions, solutions that I never see mentioned here...

Need off street parking, there are tons of solutions...
Need more comfort, again tons of solutions...
Need extra cash, or a full or part time income, there are many solutions...
Need build ideas, or floor plans, there are tons of solutions...

Stealth is a survival tactic, and stealth can be good when needed, but stealth does not have to be a requirement. Explore your options, there are many more than most people realize.

We are not homeless, or helpless, or hopeless. We don't need to hide, or be ashamed of who we are or the choices that we've made. Every single person reading this is entitled to live a life just as fulfilling, as free, and just as comfortable, as any other person anywhere. Together we can make that happen. That's what sharing resources is all about.

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man

Sure can't disagree with that.
I, for one, enjoy reading info you post...much of it I find useful.
Fortunately, we're part of a large community that can exchange ideas in the hope that readers will benefit in some way. If we don't always agree it gives readers different views that hopefully will aid them.

Glad to have your opinion.

bindi&us said:
I can't claim 50 years in this lifestyle, but since 1988 I've lived in several types of vehicles. Quite honestly, the only time I was hassled was last year when we parked on an empty lot beside a church on the edge of Bend, Or. The cops said the church didn't want us there and advised us of a place down the road where we'd be ok for the night. They don't like you parking in lots there, but never had a problem on the side of a commercial street we used when we came in from the BLM for supplies and fun.
As for a cargo van...never a problem with either of the ones I've had.
Part of the equation is being smart about where you park whatever vehicle you use.

Greetings!

And that was part of the point I was trying to make, the cops don't have to be our enemies, they can be our friends and advisors too, and we don't necessarily need to try to hide.

I'm in the bigger cities a lot, and I think that and the higher crime rates, and the fact that so many crimes are associated with cargo vans plays a role. Just tonight on the Seattle news, there was a cargo van theft of an ATM machine, and another one was some sort of a pill lab. Last week there was some homeless either drunk or druggie living in a cargo van that stabbed some other homeless guy. It's really no surprise that cargo vans get such a bad rap in some areas.

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man

bindi&us said:
Sure can't disagree with that.
I, for one, enjoy reading info you post...much of it I find useful.
Fortunately, we're part of a large community that can exchange ideas in the hope that readers will benefit in some way. If we don't always agree it gives readers different views that hopefully will aid them.

Glad to have your opinion.

Greetings!

ABSOLUTELY!!!

If ten different people have 10 different solutions for the same problem, that might give 1,000 other people 10 choices that they might not have known existed.

It's never been about right or wrong for me, it's about sharing information and resources. A lot of us old timers have made a lot of mistakes along the way, and found better solutions. There's a lot of new people here, many who are just getting ready to get started, and don't even know what questions TO ASK...

Combined we possess a wealth of knowledge, from every corner of the country, and every aspect of vehicle living. Together we can help others from making the same mistakes we have, or at least give them multiple choices, and who knows, maybe even us old timers can learn something new along the way too.

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man

As a rookie just getting started I really appreciate learning from your guys wisdom.

"We are not homeless, or helpless, or hopeless. We don't need to hide, or be ashamed of who we are or the choices that we've made. Every single person reading this is entitled to live a life just as fulfilling, as free, and just as comfortable, as any other person anywhere. Together we can make that happen. That's what sharing resources is all about."

------
I have had some thoughts on this subject.
When you consider the job that any policeman or police department... anywhere... has to deal with, it might help to come to terms with this.

The issues they deal with as "public servants" are about (to suggest a few):
1) those who disturb the sense of security for people with families, children, elderly, and property
2) unknowns, such as recent crime in particular areas
3) runaways who disappear and whose families are grieving
4) suspicious vehicles may well be stolen, or someone in them may be in a life-or-death situation --- people have heart attacks, seizures, etc -- and thus it is a good-will jesture that brings the police around, not someone who has prejudice --- I have had just that experience. I once came upon a man sitting unconscious at the wheel of his car -- he looked dead. As it turned out, he had a sleeping disorder and the traffic light was just a little too long for him.

It may seems silly to say... but... if something happened to you, it might actually be a good thing to have your fingerprints in a database.

People talk about the American Dream like it means the acquisition of lots of nice things and being able to eat at nice restaurants... but a big part of that "American Dream" was the free railroad land you could have just for homesteading. HAVING A HOME on this planet that we are born on, is really a basic human right. Where can we go...? Mars? The degree of homelessness in a society is the same degree of disfunction of it.

To live in a van, camper, car... to travel at will... is a piece of that American Dream... and it can be done in style. It is FREEDOM, if you are lucky enough to find a way to do it. Those who do it in style are lifting up others who are struggling to make a place for themselves.

My husband and I ran a hostel, and people from the shelter would stay long-term... and once they had an address they could find the jobs to support themselves. It's a little hard to put on a job application "the local shelter." We had guys start their own businesses, because they had a home base, and a predictable situation to start from.

So... I guess I'm saying... if it's done right... people will accept the concept of van-dwelling full-time... and fears will lessen... and new avenues will open for those of us who think of it as a happy option... and not just a desperate survival choice.

Greetings!

As van dwellers, especially those of us who frequent cities, we have the unique ability to be the Good Will Ambassadors for the van dwelling community.

In over 99% of the neighborhoods I frequent across the country, I have been welcomed with open arms. I do not present myself as homeless or jobless, I present myself as a mobile business employee, who travels with his work. I rarely let others know that I am actually the business owner. A business owner that lives in a van might be suspect, but a loyal employee, willing to travel with their job, demands respect.

We can be perceived as an asset to the communities we frequent. I typically park beside parks, which have houses on the opposite side of the street. The people in those houses, can see me taking pride in my neighborhood. They can see me policing the park, picking up trash, cleaning the restrooms, even pulling weeds if needed. That park is my yard, and I maintain my yard with the same amount of pride that any other home owner would maintain their yards. I have literally had whole neighborhoods show up to help me rake leaves or maintain gardens or ponds once I start the process.

One time, in a small town in Oregon, I took on a neglected and overgrown cemetery. By the time me and some neighbors got done, it was one of the nicest, most beautiful cemetery's around. We trimmed trees, mowed the lawn, pulled weeds, we even pressure washed all of the headstones and statues. They had a badly neglected serenity pond, so I bought a solar pond pump, and planted a couple dozen gold fish, which are now over a foot in length. Their whole town knew of the stranger in the camper van who brought back respect to their dearly beloved. Today there is a bench beside that pond, with a plaque that reads "In Dedication to The Camper Van Man Who Restored Our Communities Pride, God Bless". That's actually where my moniker came from.

I don't do what I do for the recognition, I've probably restored a hundred abandoned cemetery's over the years, most of them in the middle of nowhere, where nobody but myself and the souls resting there know what I did. Somehow it just seems like the right thing to do, and a peaceful place to park for a week or two.

Anyway, my point here is, that we can be Good Will Ambassadors and change the way that people look at van dwellers. I try to leave everywhere I go a little cleaner, a little better, maybe a little better maintained, than it was when I arrived. When I'm in neighborhoods with other people, I try to be a good neighbor, one they will be proud to call a neighbor and one that they will always welcome back. Every one of us can do this, and should do this, if we're parking in places where we're interacting with neighbors.

A smile and a kind word costs us nothing, helping to clean up a park, or unclog clogged up storm drains, or anything else, costs us nothing if we don't have anything better to do anyway.

Our free time and efforts can be perceived by others as a huge and welcome commodity. We can spread good will and improve the image of van dwellers, quite easily. It may take years to change the stereotype, but isn't it worth it? I think it is.

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man

@CamperVanMan

That was an inspirational story about leaving a place better than you found it... and not only "better" but THRIVING. It's good to get some sort of recognition for this because if you didn't it might be believed that you were the guy watching while someone else did the work... or the one who made the mess. There's gotta be a technique to it so you don't get trouble for yourself, rather than a vote of thanks.

Starlight said:
@CamperVanMan

That was an inspirational story about leaving a place better than you found it... and not only "better" but THRIVING. It's good to get some sort of recognition for this because if you didn't it might be believed that you were the guy watching while someone else did the work... or the one who made the mess. There's gotta be a technique to it so you don't get trouble for yourself, rather than a vote of thanks.

Greetings!

Well, so far I've never gotten into trouble for what I figured was the right thing to do, but none of them have been very questionable either. I've never known anybody to complain about someone cleaning up a park, or a cemetery, or clearing storm drains, or removing graffiti, helping out at some sort of disaster, or helping the elderly, or the handicapped, or the homeless, etc.

Well, maybe a little recognition, but mainly I just like nice surroundings, and like the neighbors to know that I'm a good neighbor, and not just a deadbeat in a camper van. I've always prided myself on leaving everywhere just a little better than I found it, and more for my own feelings than anyone else's. I just can't be one of those people who leaves trash behind, or ignores something that I know I can fix.

I guess fixing up my surroundings is kind of my hobby... Free entertainment that sure beats watching TV. And it just gives you a really good feeling down deep inside, knowing that maybe you're leaving the world a little better of a place.

Back in 1969 after attending Woodstock, I headed South, to Biloxi, Mississippi to visit a friend. Hurricane Camille had just destroyed the area, when I got there. There was devastation everywhere, for as far as the eye could see. Something came over me that day, I COULD HELP... Sure, I was an outsider, but nobody cared, nobody laughed that I lived in my van, nobody thought I was nuts, they were happy to see me, and grateful for my help. We rescued over 100 living souls that day, and over 500 by the weeks end. I discovered that one person COULD make a difference, and so I decided then and there, that I would dedicate my spare time to making a difference. It has been my calling, and I have never regretted it. To this day, I have volunteered at many disasters, for the most part, a nameless, faceless, helper... But I know... In my heart... I made a difference... Doesn't really matter how big or how small, I made a difference, and gave it my all.

Life provided me with a good mind, and a good body until recently, good businesses, more money than I could spend in several lifetimes, and MAYBE that has all happened because I've always believed in giving back. When I was a kid, the only one in our family that had any money was my Grandfather, whom I spent a lot of time with. He always told me, that if I was a good person, unselfish to a fault, that life would provide everything I needed to live a comfortable life. He told me that if I gave of myself, there would always be more. I don't think I really totally understood until that fateful day in Biloxi, when my Grandfather's knowledge came flooding back to me. I cooked up every bit of food I had for the survivors, and the other other volunteers. I didn't need it as much as they did. But miracle of miracles, food started coming in. We searched through the night, 24/7 for nearly a week. There was food for everyone, and strength to go on, the flashlights never died, our lanterns never dimmed, our strength never wavered, and our army only grew. Homes, businesses, and lives had been lost, but with the dawn of each new day, there was new hope... I stayed on for over a month, until every survivor in our group had a roof over their head, and a nice warm bed. We buried the victims, rebuilt the churches and the graveyards, and I think every single survivor who walked away, was feeling the same miracles and blessings, that had come my way.

When I left Biloxi, I had a new lease on life, "I" could make a difference, by only doing what was right. The people of Biloxi had taught me a lesson like no other, when they told me it was my smile and my enthusiasm that helped them to get through those trying days. I guess it was me, urging everyone on, even though I didn't really know that was what I was doing. They taught me that every single person CAN make a difference, and hopefully when my time is up, maybe I'll leave this world knowing that I did my part along the way.

We can all make a difference in our own little ways, we don't have to work disasters, or anything out of the ordinary, all we have to do is just try to give a little back, which a lot of people here do just by posting help for others. My life has been "Over The Top" with excitement and adventures along the way, perhaps because I've had the freedom of being a mobile warrior for the biggest part of my life.

I'd like to dedicate this message to a friend I lost a couple of days ago, a friend who always gave a little back, and always had your back, Jimmy "The Justice" Hellwig aka "The Ultimate Warrior", who left us too young at only the age of 54. RIP Warrior, you will be missed. Warrior gave me the moniker of "The Mobile Warrior"...

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man

Unity Gain said:
You're a good man CVM. The world needs more people like you. :)

Greetings!

Thanks...

I just feel like everyone can make a difference in there own little ways, without doing anything hard or inconvenient, yet too few even try.

That's one thing that working disasters has helped me with, restoring my faith in humanity... Even people who have lost everything, and may even be wounded themselves, pitch in to still help others. That's something that's missing in most of society these days. I think it may still exist more in these tiny rural towns though, just not so much in the bigger cities.

I think I'll be headed south in a few days now, stuff is starting to wind down.

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man