Arriving to Flagstaff on 3/9/21

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's still winter in Flagstaff the overnight lows are in the teens and snow is possible for the next 4 days. Just saying. Highdesertranger

Probably lots of folks scattered around thru there. Quartzsite has really emptied out. You may be disappointed.

highdesertranger said:
It's still winter in Flagstaff the overnight lows are in the teens and snow is possible for the next 4 days. Just saying. Highdesertranger

I’m all about the snow. I’m looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably there are more people in Cottonwood, Sedona and Lake Havasu areas until things warm up in the high country.

Maybe I should have paid more attention. I’m an hour from Flagstaff and just now realizing there is no BLM land around there

There is National Forest land. you can boondock there but they don't plow those roads. Highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
There is National Forest land. you can boondock there but they don't plow those roads. Highdesertranger

Do you have an area you would recommend I boondock at?

If it were me I would push on through to Lake Havasu City as it is warmer and has plenty of BLM land. There were lots of restrictions I believe put on dispersed camping in the Flagstaff area. I would check with the National Forest Office if you decide to stay. There is a Cracker Barrel off the interstate on the far side of town with parking I believe and a Pilot station if you head for Kingman.

Belmont, exit 85 I think, is where the pilot station is located. Once you exit, follow the highway that goes along beside the interstate west, that is route 66. A mile or a bit more a road tunrs right with signs saying various things, such as a cave/lava tube are down that road. You are now on National Forest land and can park where you want. Sorry I don't have specific road numbers for the FS road.

Make that the second road past the Pilot going west on Old Route 66. Basically, pull off the pavement as far as you dare with the current weather and spend the night. Get breakfast at the Pilot and head to Lake Havasu the next day. My advice.

shadowmoss said:
Make that the second road past the Pilot going west on Old Route 66. Basically, pull off the pavement as far as you dare with the current weather and spend the night. Get breakfast at the Pilot and head to Lake Havasu the next day. My advice.

Alright I’m pushing through to Lake Havasu. A three hour drive right now

It is a little warm and windy there today but easy camping and a Walmart close by. You can enjoy the lake as well and lots of goings on in Havasu. Most of us drove by lots of things when we first started out. It takes a while to get used to going slow and following good weather.

Remember the directions to the FS area once it warms up. It is nice back there.

Windy as heck here in Q today. I was in my sewing tent and thought it would come down on me. The metal pieces are all bent to hell. Guess I need to get a new one.

Cammalu said:
Windy as heck here in Q today. I was in my sewing tent and thought it would come down on me. The metal pieces are all bent to hell. Guess I need to get a new one.

Is your sowing tent blue? I think I drove by it

Latest posts