Anyone using Texas or New Mexico as the residency state?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katelyn

Reaction score
I've been trying to get as much information on the states that are Rv'er friendly and warm in the winter.

Also, I hope to buy a cheap parcel of land just to secure my residency since I'm on disability ( not trying to mess with the government ) .

So far Texas and New Mexico seem to have some cheap land basically dirt in the midle of nowhere, but since I'm not planning to stay there full time I don't really care.

Anyone else doing this?? Thoughts, advice are appreciated :)

I don't know about NM, but TX is extremely RV friendly. There is a group down there called Escapees that specializes in that kind of thing. Google their web site. They had a downloadable pdf that went in to great detail about things to think about and how all works in TX.

Regards
John

The land in NM is dirt cheap. Getting power, water, and/or a seasonally passable road is very expensive and sometimes impossible.

We are heading back east to find a homebase. We will look for a place that has a dilapidated house or mobile home on it so that we have power poles, water & sewer in place. It will save us a great deal of money. We care nothing about the condition of the structure as we will remove all or most of it. We just need to be able to park the bus there.

Latest posts