Anyone use turmeric?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 423

Reaction score
I've had knee problems for years and recently I've been taking turmeric (800mg) about twice a week and it does give me some relief. Fights inflammation, I'm told.

I've been cooking with turmeric powder for a couple years. I have too many aches and pains and it seems to help. The color and flavor it adds to recipes is excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plain american mustard is high in turmeric

Bone broth is #1 in my book. To boost turmeric absorption must have black pepper. Ginger is helpful too.

A friend swears by a home made blend of turmeric, black pepper and a whole lot of other things ground in like chia, sunflower, walnut...probably about 15 ingredients. He mixes it with fresh berries and yogurt and has it once a day.

I tried it but found that it just didn't fit in with my daily food schedule at all.

It did help tremendously with my osteo arthritis but I just wasn't able to stick with it on a daily basis.

I just did a quick search and apparently there are other adds that can be made to increase the efficiency of the turmeric.

Almost There said:
I just did a quick search and apparently there are other adds that can be made to increase the efficiency of the turmeric.

Hmmm..I didn't know about adding pepper, ginger,etc. Will investigate.

Thanks all...

Increasing your olive oil consumption in salads and food...eating fatty fish like salmon. Proper levels of vitamin D, and I will likely state the obvious, stay away from sugars (and simple carbs). :p -oh the challenges.

Apparently, when used in cooking, the effect multiplies. Bit difficult to gauge the authority of the sources that tell me that. I have not found an info source that says cooking does nothing. Interesting the comments re: pepper.

slow2day said:
But also high in sodium...

I think it would also be over-processed as far as getting the best benefits.  I have read numerous times that you need to mix it with black pepper for the best results.  I buy mine ground organic in whole food stores and mix it with our scrambled eggs in the a.m., add it to rice, soups, that kind of stuff.