• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

anyone near Pittsburgh PA interested in a van?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this still available? I could be in PA in two days if he actually only wants $600 for it. Would he let me change the pitman arm at his house so I can drive it back to FL?

Jim also mentioned he's selling a 7drawer snapon toolbox with craftsman tools for $415 if anyone is interested. I don't have anymore money ;)

i wish i had luck of having that kind of money and finding a good van .. in ohio they're all rust buckets in that price range to say the least in ohio. thats a steal. my problem is getting a job that allows me ability to save money to buy a van - the job market here is horrible for me - and i want to just buy a van and live in it to call home sense i'll never be able to own /rent a sticks and bricks.

Its not a bad van for the money. Like all vehicles that are old and been sitting it has issues. I already replaced a brake line and caliper on the way home(I brought a shade tree mechanic with me), it smokes a little, and the rear seal might be bad. But still I'm hoping it works out, at least I have parts if I need em.

I see older used vans usually between 1800 and 3k

Thanks for the update. I was a little concerned because it is old and you never know what might show up that isn't obvious in the beginning. Hope it all works out for you!

i tell ya, i wasnt expecting the naked 'mudflap ladies' to be jb welded to the front grill, with painted on nipples. [emoji9] i dont have a saw till this weekend so i used some sharpies to draw clothes on them lol

Box them up and ship them to me! They would be purrfect for the back door of my truck cap.

I don't think you can go wrong with the 85 Chevy. I am running one, bought mine three years ago with 230,000 miles on it. Put another 3,000 getting it back up east. That is about the limit on a 305, and the th350c transmission was just about at it's end.
I installed an almost new 350 engine and had the transmission rebuilt, have traveled west twice with it and still runs well. I would rather have found a 305 engine, for the mpg's, but the 350 gives me the power I need if I carry a lot.
You do have to take care of the front end, mine was well taken care of. But this summer I installed a new idler arm and inner and outer control arms, not a big deal.

I prefer this age vehicle because of the lack of computer control, at least I can work on this one.

DazarGaidin said:
i tell ya, i wasnt expecting the naked 'mudflap ladies' to be jb welded to the front grill, with painted on nipples. [emoji9] i dont have a saw till this weekend so i used some sharpies to draw clothes on them lol

OMG that is so funny

Yeah, I already got the rape van joke enough in my life, im trying not to draw any pervert train of thought.

IMG_20141022_235037837.jpg

I already bought it. Time will tell if it was a good buy. ive already had a string of mechanical problems, but the low price is still making it worth it for now. I think if this van doesnt work out im gonna cave and finance a newer one.

Cut the ladies off this weekend with a grinder, man they were really on there.

Sorry to hear you're having problems but likely I would have bought it and had to pay a mechanic to fix everything :( I've got a bid in for a 1999 Ford P250 Cargo van with 90,000 miles. It has rust around the wheel wells and ripped seats but I am hoping it runs ok. I was wondering. I'm guessing the first thing I should do when I get a van is to make sure it mechanically sound or the rest is just a waste of money right? Who is the best to check that out? I don't think all mechanics are made equal.

i dunno about mechanics, i use shade trees or one mechanic i pretty much trust if i have a little more cash,, but the first thing to have check out (if it runs good) is the brakes and brake lines. i had to fix a caliper and break line on the way home in mall parking lot, and since a rear brake line has burst. brakes are important lol.
problem with shade tree mechanics is they are in no rush to do the work usually which is a problem when your home is you car.
from what i gather brake lines dont hold up well with time.

also look underneath the van at the frame, is it rusted thru too? what about the steering dodads in the front. i had a tie rod end snap up there and on both vans its pretty rusted.

It looks like one my ex and I outfitted in the 80's... same color and everything. We painted flames on the side. :) Camped all over the Canadian Rockies with it. It's pretty much how I'd do a van now. Bed across the back with counter and storage along the side. This one could be fun to restore back to life.

Teressa G... I'm in the same boat; I have to hire a mechanic and so have been taken many more times than I like to say. I take a man with me now when I need to take a vehicle in for repairs. Even the quick oil change places have cheated me - I've got that kind of face.