Anyone heard of "Bus Kote"?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The paint was gone on the top of our van and mostly surface rust....common down here.
I used Henry's roof white ($25/gal). It seems to have made quite a difference all the way around. Took 2 gallons to do the maxi van.

I've used it on the RV roof too.

Maybe the ceramic stuff is better but I'm not so sure it would be worth the extra 15 bucks per gal.

BTW...if applied over paint sanding will be needed.

That product has me sold.

Now all I need is a week downtime and a dustless environment to apply it in.

(and the $130.00)

Before you spend big bucks on the stuff. A guy over on skoolie.net did a bit of backyard testing. You may want to read the thread (or not). It was very interesting. Here is the page with the temp results. http://www.skoolie.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=467525&p=590379&hilit=bus+kote#p590379

We used Henry's SolarFlex on our roof. I like it. It did an amazing job of lowering the temps. It will get recoated in another couple of years (it will have been on the roof for between 5 to 6 years). I used one 4.75 gallon bucket (3 thin coats) on a 40 ft bus.

Rose...That link proves my point as to cost factors.
I've got 2 coats of Henry's and an thinking of a third just to smooth it all out a bit more and provide that little extra insulation.

Thanks for that informative info :)

I've got a bus but haven't put anything on the top yet. I've heard rave reviews from anyone that has used Bus Kote. It has small beads of ceramics I guess; or something. It drops the ambient temp. inside the bus considerable I've heard.