Anyone doing Amazon Kentucky?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody tried Dr. Comfort. I've heard oood things about them especially their sandals. Bast

I received emails today from camper force asking me if I could start earlier in August. My father can't start until Sept. 12th, so I just picked the same start date. He's bringing a 5th wheel and I still want to buy a van. I figured that if I didn't find the right van, then I could just stay in the 5th wheel with him and then in Dec I could buy a van after Amazon. We're flying out to Florida on Tuesday to change residency, setup a mail forwarding service, purchase a truck (for him), maybe purchase a van (for me), possibly start the handgun permit process. A lot to get done. Plus the reason I'm going is to help him drive the truck back. If I find a nice van in FL and buy it, I'd have to fly back to FL to get it and drive it back to CT. Basically meaning that I'd have to drive from FL to CT twice in less than a week. Assuming I do buy a van, then I wouldn't need to wait until Sept. 12th for him. I could start sooner. I'm probably trying to do too much in too little time. Typing this out has pretty much convinced me to stick with my Sept. 12th starting date. Thanks for listening

Madpeep said:
I received emails today from camper force asking me if I could start earlier in August. My father can't start until Sept. 12th, so I just picked the same start date. He's bringing a 5th wheel and I still want to buy a van. I figured that if I didn't find the right van, then I could just stay in the 5th wheel with him and then in Dec I could buy a van after Amazon.
Hey Madpeep,
I received that email as well. I have decided to sell my minibus and get a van so I am also wondering if I have enough time to be ready by August 15th like they wanted. I am also wondering how freaking hot their warehouse is gonna be in August too. I guess it depends on how quickly I find a van.
What part of Florida are you going to? Florida is my home state. You could always buy my bus. I am very close to Ky  :D 
Let me know if you decide to go to Amazon earlier. Looking forward to meeting you and your dad.

Sorry SSW, I just saw this. It's been hectic. We're in Okeechobee right now. My father bought a truck and I have an agreement to buy a van tomorrow. It should go through, so I'll have my first van tomorrow. We still have to get Florida licenses, finish setting up our forwarding address, I still have to purchase, register, and insure my van. Then we still need to return the rental car. Then we can finally start the drive back to CT. It looks like we're just going to stick with our Sept. 12th start date. I ended up getting a conversion van, so a lot will still depend on how comfortable I can make it over the next few weeks.

Oh, and my dad is still married to my mom, so don't get any ideas :p

Central KY is not really a comfortable place to be in general during August unless you have air conditioning. Heat and humidity, though likely not quite as bad as Nashville or where I am. September is going to be much more camping friendly. You may want to check out the average highs and lows for the months you'll be working there so you can be prepared.

I believe I saw where Amazon exceeded sales expectations last quarter, so maybe that's why they are looking for help early?

Madpeep said:
Oh, and my dad is still married to my mom, so don't get any ideas :p

I seriously hope you are joking. Why in the world would you think I want your dad (or any man from a forum that is a complete stranger) who I don't know, have never seen, and so on? Im a woman so I must be man hunting? Wow! Where the heck would you come up with that from this conversation?? I don't see a thing that would make you think such a thing. Because I said I looked forward to meeting you both? I would say the same about your mom. Ugh. Seriously? 

I own Merrill hiking boots and NB tennis shoes. Both excellent. Found Merrill at Sportsmans Warehouse last year around $120. NB were at a high end shoe store. $120 five years ago. Definitely high quality.
I find that even the upper end shoes might not have quality inserts. I buy replacements.
As a youngster I'd a never thought about changing shoes mid shift. Now it seems like an excellent idea. Along with switching high grade socks and occasionally the inserts so I can wash them.
I assumed my foot pain was the consequences of gaining weight. A visit to the podiatrist to learn I had plantar fasciitis. After a couple of shots in my feet and custom fitted arch supports I had no pain. Made a HUGE difference.

Wow. Calm down. It was a joke. That's what the tongue sticking out emoji was for. So you knew it was a joke because I didn't want a misunderstanding. So much for that

Latest posts