Anybody have a Wildernest camper top?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not That Bob

Reaction score
My original plan was to hard mount my Overland tent on the pick up cap.

Then cut out the roof and floor, sort of making a side opening Flippac but the sleeping area would be 6' but I am 6' 2".

I saw a Wildernest camper top for sale, kinda far away from me, and thought that would solve my length issue.

Anyone got one?  How is it holding up?

I can fix just about anything but a little concerned since they are not made anymore.

A friend had one, but lost it in the Black Forest Fire. He loved it and hadn't had any problems with it.

Not That Bob said:
Anyone got one?  How is it holding up? ...

NTB,

I don't and don't know about their longevity.  Just wanted to pass something on.  

The name "Wildernest" didn't ring a bell with me (my lack of knowledge).  So, looked up the name in Google Images.  Lots there.  However, the second I saw the camper, my first thought was, "Cool!"  My second thought was, "Hmmm, guess it depends on where you're planning to camp."  The windy deserts of the SW, largely without wind breaks, could be hard on a rig like that I'd imagine.  "Hard" as in, "Wonder what I'm gonna sleep in now?"

Vagabound