Any thoughts on this van?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems to be a pretty well done build-out, and the body seems in good shape. The price is right and negotiable. Do you have the wherewithal to rebuild/replace the drive train and mechanicals as necessary?

As long as the repairs don't happen all at once, I can deal probably handle the cost.

Group 65 house batteries?  I went to Sears web site, and the only group 65s I could find were starting batteries, none were marked as RV/Marine and the only AGM listed Cold Cranking Amps but not Amp-Hours.  I would say this rig is an overlanding type where people keep moving.  I don't think this is gonna hold up as a sit-in-one-place-for-days boondocking rig.  Unless you're planning on adding a lot of solar.

Agree most RVs are made for traveling a few days between RV parks not boondocking. The water, toliet and AC/heating systems are just extra weight to get you stuck if all you do is boondock. Like we used to say about Jeeps a true off road vehicle is built not bought.

IDK what these vans are usually worth but almost $6k for >200k miles seems a bit high though I was looking into maybe buying a Lincoln Navigator recently and I came across a lot of Ford guys wishing for that V10..
If it was an F350 truck in that shape with those miles it would probably be a decent price but I'm not sure if that translates to vans..

You could ask him about the batteries, maybe for pics and/or specs, but really is a couple batteries that big of a consideration within the total package?

That inverter/converter, tripplite.. It's a beast..
I have a tripplite pretty much just like it except for 2X the size, got it from an oil rig company.. Heavy duty as all get out, I'd say like industrial grade..
I use mine to run my pellet stove when my power goes out, damn good machine..
It's modified sine but I have never plugged something into it that it wouldn't run..

When you buy any vehicle you are really just buying miles. At 200k there isn't $6,000 of mies left IMHO