Any "Insta Pot" heads...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galladanb

Reaction score
Found the six quart on sale at Wallie World...

My son just bought his first house/condo, so we thought it would make a great house warming gift.

Any favorite recipes we can pass along to them?

Several, ... but they are not appreciated on this forum so the threads/recipes cause unneeded (in my opinion) controversy about the energy needed to use one and/or are closed by a moderator (or have all been in the past).

Instant Pot related posts here on the forum.

I'd consider one for the S&B but I made a decision not to purchase any non-consumable item that isn't going on the road with me.   The decision has held up for about a year so far.  :)

K, but I did say we bought it for them...
For their new home...

Did not say it was for us...
Or in our van...

And I was only asking for recipes!
Thx Frater for the link on the related! U roc, brother!

We have a 6 quart as well and found that it performs better as a pressure cooker than it does as a slow cooker, so I'd focus the recipe hunt there. Sure, it draws 1000W, but dinner's done in 10 or 15 minutes, and the rest of our power needs are very minimal and done with the 12V system. Every time we used the Instant Pot as a pressure cooker the dinner was deeeelicious.

Have them look on YouTube for lots of videos on how to cook just about everything.

Someone just told me they are making a smaller one now popular with rvers.