Any Early (November) Van Dwellers in Quartzite 2015?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
akrvbob said:
If you are only going to be there for a week, you don't need to buy anything, it'll be free.

Technically you do need a free permit but forget it, don't think about it again because everyone blows it all out of proportion. When you get here we'll help you figure it out. It's simple, free and easy.

Bob

...I was wondering about that too Bob.   Thanks for the reassurance !  If I may take liberties at trying to be humerous... 'It appears that you currently have the role of father duck and we are the little ducklings.' :) lolol... I mean that with the utmost respect and regard ! And I hope we make you proud ! :)

Corinne.

akrvbob said:
Corrine, shhhhhhhhhhh--I'm keeping that a secret, I'm really the ugly duckling!
Bob

...and he's humble too.   You mean beautiful 'Swan.'  Remember?  You saw your reflection in the water and saw a beautiful Swan.

Not to get sappy!  :)

Have a beautiful day Sir Bob, and thank you kindly for playing !

Hi all ! I'm here in Ehrenberg (Exit 1), currently Blythe Library, enjoying the peace and quiet and awesome view. I don't think the exit names for the round about were up last time Bob was here. The round about is off to the right if you are coming out of the Flying J parking lot. The exit to the BLM land is called "Frontage Road East." It runs parallel to the 10 East. That one actually goes off to the right. The one on the left will take you to the other side of the freeway, to the post office and laundry facilities, etc.

A lot happens in the mere one year since everyone has been here, understandably so. Just thought to maybe bring it up to date on the exit signs is all ! However Bob is right, it will go off to the left if you are using the 10 West, from the other direction ! At any rate, there is now an exit name on the round about...

God bless, take care and happy trails !

Corinne

...after I took the Frontage Road East exit, (which by the way says DEAD END once on that road - but it isn't really !) I did come to a Y in the road and went off to the right as Bob mentioned. From there I approached a small hill and kept going slowly just taking in the view. Lots of wonderful land off to the left and to the right - depending on how far you want to take the road and how good your tires are as it becomes quiet gravel-y. :)

Leaving library now...

Corinne.

I'll probably be in Q for a few days in a week or two -- longer if I find a job.

bindi&us said:
Thanks, I'm sure that info will help our newcomers :)

Good morning from the library !  And, thanks for the nice visit we had this past Monday by the way !  To Forum:  I met Jay and Margie (aka Mugs !) at the Quartzsite camp this past Monday, never been there either, and we had fun sharing.  I got to meet bindi their dog as well.  Completely adorable. But then, she - bindi, already knows that.  "Yawn."  :)

Take care you guys and have a great day !

There are some jobs available here in Q. Don't expect to make but minimum wage tho. 
Some of the vendors pay flat rate cash to help erect boothes, and set tables, etc. Some hire extra sales people.

Gotta get out and look around, but the work is here. 
Season is kicking off this weekend with the coming of November There will be a steady inbound flow over the month.