Another newbie planning to hit the road

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pursuitoflife

Reaction score
Hello everyone and thank you in advance for any advice given. I'm planning to soon begin my adventure in a van, on the road, crisscrossing the country. I've read through many posts and have done a good deal of research, but one can never be too prepared. 

My plan is to buy a van and convert it myself, probably simply with a bed, simple cooking area and a desk area, perhaps doing more later.  I'm looking at some sort of utility or conversion van, with the Ford Transit catching my eye but any advice on a particular vehicle would be helpful. 

I've done a lot of traveling abroad and many road/camping trips mostly in the Western US, where I usually camp for free on BLM or National Forest land. I'm used to roughing it in a temp and living out of my car for a few weeks at a time, not necessarily being able to shower and cooking over a fire or a portable stove. 

I work remotely and would be doing so on the road. That offers both positives in that I can work anywhere, but also a negative in that I must have a stable Internet connection, which is really my main concern, so any advice anyone has concerning that is greatly appreciated! 

I look forward to continuing to read through existing and future posts and getting to know some of you.

Thank you!

Welcome. Sounds like you have a solid plan in mind. Check out Bob's (and others) videos on wifi boosters. Also, AdventureVanMan has a video on the subject. Good luck, keep us informed as you progress

Welcome pursuitoflife to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

It sounds like you were born to be a nomad! Yes I think you've come to the right place and are going to fit right in. And by the way the Ford transit is a great choice .