Another New Guy

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vbsanta

Reaction score
E350_PassSide.JPGHi ALL:
     I stumbled across the Van Dweller Community videos on YouTube while searching for some camp sites in western Arizona. I living in Far East Mesa, AZ, but enjoy being out in the desert environment.
     I am 72, retired, single, and look like Santa Claus. I came out here about 15 years ago from NW Indiana, because I enjoyed the heat of the summer. I camped out near Wikieup for 6 weeks in a travel trailer on land I bought on eBay atop the Aquarius Mountain Range. I visited Mesa and decided it was where I wanted be for my retirement years. I bought and worked a small placer claim east of the Superstitions for about 3 years. From 2002 through 2010, I attended Burning Man every year, so am accustomed to primitive camping. I avoid 'touristy' stuff for the most part.
     Finally had both knees replaced, so am preparing for my return to the desert.  I am converting a former medical transport van into my living area, that will be set up for off-grid extended stays (eventually), so I can also return to prospecting. I am a bit of a minimalist, so it probably will not be pretty.  ;) 

Am hoping to meet some new friends to share common interests.

VBSanta

Attachments

• E350_PassSide.JPG
    E350_PassSide.JPG
    876.2 KB · Views: 2
  • VBS&Daffy.jpg
    VBS&Daffy.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to the CRVL forums VBSanta! Well, you should have no trouble finding friends with common interests! We have more than one member who looks like Santa Claus. :) We have members who have bought land in the desert, members who love gold mining, members who have been to Burning Man, and lots of us are retired and live in vans!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Moxadox said:
But how many have Daffy Duck tattoos ??

The Dire Wolfess

Just have the one. It took two years of research to find just the right pose. I have been considering a Dark Wing Duck, or perhaps a Howard the Duck for the other shoulder. Would probably go back to Ace Tattoos in OB for it.