And the Saga Begins.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobra246

Reaction score
Not too long ago i was blessed with a vision or dream (whichever one suits the story) of living chain-free from the monster that they call society. In it i was living in a van and hopping from construction site to construction site being a day laborer and moving on every few days. Now that doesnt sound that great, i know; but at the time it was the best idea i had come up with in a long while.

A little about me: my name is Isaac. Im 21 years old. I am an introvert. My hobbies are mainly motorcycling, meditating and piddling around in a little of everything else. I work as an assistant designer for a local company but before that i was a construction worker.

Soon after the dream, i started looking further into the idea of living on the road. I found a book by Robert Wells about living in a van, trailer or Rv and it really got my motivated to kickstart my new path in that general direction. I ordered a custom cargo trailer from a company in georga, with no rear door, its like a camper trailer.

Then the delays set in. I lost motivation when i was given the opportunity to move in with a buddy. Before i knew it i was making plans to buy a house. Thank god i didnt. Through the approval process i finally came to my senses; realizing that by signing that mile-high stack of papers, i was signing my entire life, and assets over to a corporation. They already own my job. Why should i give them my life as well?

With the lease up in three weeks and still having done nothing toward finding a new place to live i decided to take a moto trip. Some time on the road would do quite a bit to clear my thoughts. While i was gone i realized that i had ABSOLUTE power of the course of the next 30 years of my life. With that in mind, on top of the mountain i was down to two basic choices. Like in the Matrix, it was either the blue pill, or the red pill.

In two weeks i turned the trailer into a suitible living space. It is not the best; if i had spent all those months working on it, instead of wasting my time, it would be nicer. But i will improve it as i go.

Last night i had my first meal as a vandweller, and i feel great. I woke up this morning with no clue as to where i was. And even though i didnt exactly wake up with a smile on my face, i did wake up earlier with more energy than i have had in a long time.

Here are a few photos of my trailer, my moto trip to the mountains, and the beautiful bird i got to see on my truck last year right after i bought the trailer (i took it as a good omen).

As i go along im sure i will have questions. I will post more later. Thanks for reading. Y'all have a wonderful day.
3435be7f58e4736ee8d945f2b486ebf0.jpg
5c10cf16c0a0e88f2e82637db72e882c.jpg
c0c69da925f2abf864a9b41fe791fd7d.jpg
f6c6ccb858a179950e1c8fe3aa7504c6.jpg
ca8038561c88e9ed35bd66014c96a4b8.jpg
94dbebf8ac32be5fee70c5d8684fd9f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice! I think I recognize that overlook from a moto trip from my own past :)

Welcome to the CRVL forums Cobra! Looks like a good start - a place to sleep and place for food. :) Please post more pictures as your build progresses!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

how cool, a Cooper's Hawk sitting on your truck. yep, that's an omen. good luck and keep us up to date. highdesertranger

Sounds like you're living the dream. The best time to do it too,,,when you're young. If you can check out the youtube channel Kombi Life (Hasta Alaska). This is a young guy who travels, picks up people who also want to adventure and they help finance his lifestyle. He has been doing this for about 4 years I think.

Your setup looks nice too.

Not bad for 2 weeks! I sometimes wish I had no choice on time... maybe I wouldn't procrastinate so much LOL... the red-tailed hawk is my spirit bird, so I see it as a definite good omen! Keep us informed of your journey!!

AbuelaLoca said:
maybe I wouldn't procrastinate so much LOL

Thanks. Im definitely bad about procrastinating.
I have some other pics of that hawk.
45e5b44b76acdcaf6a04349fb6406d27.jpg
4eedd25ec50ec0c554d37cdd6e78501d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Maybe you should change your forum name from cobra to hawk.
Cobrahawk?

Welcome to the forums. Sometimes being thrown right into a situation is the best way to go. Then you don't have any chances to overthink it. I think traveling around and picking up different construction jobs is a great way to go. The skies the limit with a good construction background. It's treated me well.

Your trailer is off to a good start, over time you can fine tune it to fit your needs as you learn exactly what they are. Great pics too, def an omen that you are headed down the right path.