And Away I Go

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Txjaybird

Reaction score
I'm leaving FT Rucker Al shortly headed to Panama City FL  I'm just wondering if anyone is roaming around in the general area?  So far I had to put 1qt oil in the Safari and there was no coolant in the overflow container.  I added some later.  When I attempted to take a look in the radiator I couldn't get the cap off.  I did loosen it because I heard it say "glug".  I think I got it back on good.  Time will tell.  I'm taking Water and also antifreeze with me.  It doesn't seem to  run hot.  Damn that dip stick is so long I thought it was gonna stick out the tail pipe before it hit bottom.   :)

I'll have my cell phone and roadside service so I guess I'm good to go..  I'm running back roads so maybe no WiFi, however I'll take my tablet just in case...I don't know why I'm worried, it's not like I've never driven on new roads at night before.

Jewellann

This seems rather sudden and unexpected.  I didn't think they were done working on your van.   Are you running away from home?

Good Luck!

Woo hoo, have fun Jewellann!! Tell Queenie to stay away from the gators.

I SPENT THE NIGHT HERE AT THE AIRPORT IN PC...Damn Cap locks anyways.  Family member did not arrive.

I learned this a.m. that they did not make the 3 connecting Delta flights they were booked on.  I've contacted the US Consul General who made the flight arrangements from the country they were flying in from. Wait time for live person on Delta help line = 2hrs or more.  I fell asleep in the van and missed my call back from Delta.

Of course I didn't bring my wallet with ID and debit/credit cards.  I thought it was in the van.  At least I put $200 in my purse before I left home.  LEOs here very helpful.  When Delta opened this am they would not/could not give me info because no ID and then only if noted that I could obtain info by person flying in.  I spoke with same officers, one stepped out and in just minutes was back with the information.

This was a sudden thing and I had very little prep time.  FYI rear seat/bed in Safari SUCKS BIG TIME!  Too short, lumpy, and too close to the floor.  At least I remembered to bring TP and a P bucket & plastic trash bag liner.  MY thought after 1st use? " Oh Hell I Hope I Don't Kick The Bucket".  The side slider door does not open with the inside handle.  I lost both sandals and got a leg cramp climbing backwards into drivers seat and then almost fell out the door when I finally got it open.

So far this "Safari In a Safari" STINKS.  I bet Queenie will be glad she missed it.  Going to stop and eat on the way home, I'm about 90 to 100 miles away.   No truck stops or Wal Marts on the way here, nowhere to eat in middle of night either. Cell is nearly dead too.

Jewellann

It was a good shake down and nowhere to go but up^
Once you have everything in the van , you'll never forget anything !
So what happened with your flight?
Take 2 coming soon?

Latest posts