Alternatives to wireless on the road

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davsey85

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has been able to find a way to use internet that isn't wifi and is hardwired as strange as this may sound?

Thank You

Local libraries usually have internet computers hard wired.
Great places for getting local news and information about interesting stuff to see nearby.
That's what I use, works for me..........

Happy Trails!

Pretty much the same alternatives as life NOT on the road. I know that's a smartass response, but it's true.

yea agree with Mr N

you are hardwired on a computer you are in 'one spot to give you that internet' as per house on a cable access etc.
other than that you go wireless for freedom and you are 'on the waves' then

you want hardwired a library and not much more any more that offers 'you hard wired interent' on their machiens truly.

life moved on without your wants in mind ya know.

By wireless are you including cellular? Technically wireless and cellular are not the same thing. If you have a cell phone that is being used as a hotspot, then the phone/hotspot converts the cellular signal into a wireless signal.

If you just mean to avoid a wireless signal from a hotspot, then there are two ways that I know of.

1) You can use either a USB cable from your phone to a laptop

2) You can get an iPad which can receive cellular signals. This would allow your iPad to directly connect to the internet using only a cellular signal.

Starlink?

Mod Edit, the above link takes you a Wiki page that explains Star Link. which is Elon Musk satellite internet that is almost ready to launch maybe limited service by the end of the year. when you post a link you must provide a complete description. links without descriptions will be deleted.