Alpicool C20 inside dimensions

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geneeus

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm looking to purchase this device, and want to know if I can stack it with the items I need, which are not all cans!

Does anyone have the inside dimensions?

Thanks very much,

Geneeus

I was shopping and comparing sizes and saved some screen shots. If you need C30 or C40 let me know:

Alpicool C20.jpg

Last edited:
That is the frig I want to buy. Been wanting to ask if the small Jackery (240) can power it. I found one YT vid where the guy says it works.

^It will power it but not for all that long. The C20 can draw as much as 45 watts in hot weather but averages about 25 watts IIRC. So that would get you overnight. How will you charge the Jackery?

I have one of the fridge things and use it as a freezer. It is powered with a 900 Jackery and it can keep it going for a dayish +/-. I recharge the jackery while driving and from shore and from solar. So far we have not had any problems but then again not done to long without extra charging the Jackery with car or landline power. It doesn't hold alot but it keeps us happy.

^It will power it but not for all that long. The C20 can draw as much as 45 watts in hot weather but averages about 25 watts IIRC. So that would get you overnight. How will you charge the Jackery?
Haven't figured that out yet. I was thinking portable solar panels. That wouldn't work?

I have one of the fridge things and use it as a freezer. It is powered with a 900 Jackery and it can keep it going for a dayish +/-. I recharge the jackery while driving and from shore and from solar. So far we have not had any problems but then again not done to long without extra charging the Jackery with car or landline power. It doesn't hold alot but it keeps us happy.
That exact same Alpicool?

He has the 1000. Must have been wishful thinking on my part that he had the tiny Jackery:D
Edit: He does have the 500 and the 240

Jump to 8:20. He tested the 1000, 500 and 240 Jackeries

Last edited:
That exact same Alpicool?
Yes, that looks exactly like the one I have. I have not measured it though. I run it all day and all night. My Jackery is a bigger model. I got a bigger Jackery to help us out in power outages here at our home. it is to keep our pellet stove going over night.

Haven't figured that out yet. I was thinking portable solar panels. That wouldn't work?
Not without batteries, and a few other items. Solar Panels, in this case, don't power unit....they re-charge the batteries that power the unit. Power Stations-Jackery, Blueitti or any others are just batteries with the few other items making it easy to use the stored power. Expensive but easy.

Not without batteries, and a few other items. Solar Panels, in this case, don't power unit....they re-charge the batteries that power the unit. Power Stations-Jackery, Blueitti or any others are just batteries with the few other items making it easy to use the stored power. Expensive but easy.
I meant solar panels to recharge the Jackery.

I've been reading about using solar panels without using batteries. Will Prowse has a page on it, but I can't find it atm. Found his YT page about it:

I've been reading about using solar panels without using batteries. Will Prowse has a page on it, but I can't find it atm. Found his YT page about it:

Just be careful. Hooking up a PV panel to a charge controller withOUT a battery attached can be dangerous - you'll have open voltage at the battery end terminals. You could also possibly overload the CC. A dummy load would be ideal if available.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Just be careful. Hooking up a PV panel to a charge controller with a battery attached can be dangerous - you'll have open voltage at the battery end terminals. You could also possibly overload the CC. A dummy load would be ideal if available.

Cheers.
Might have to skip the frig, but I love the idea of solar with no batteries.

Might have to skip the frig, but I love the idea of solar with no batteries.
I had to edit the above to withOUT battery attached...:LOL:
Running the fridge is easy of you get one of the solar batteries as suggested above. Mine runs for almost 48 hours on one charge of the battery. You won't need to mess around with heavy L.A. AGMs, and no really expensive Lithium house bats either...

Cheers!

:sneaky:

Running the fridge is easy of you get one of the solar batteries as suggested above.
JDub,

All the suitcase panels I've looked at come with charge controllers attached. And usually two USB outlets.

Trying to avoid batteries, because they harm the environment. I thought maybe a small power station (if it worked) would be a compromise. Also avoiding doing the math regarding powering the frig, because I hate math. Do I have to learn this stuff? :D

A suitcase like this has the charge contoller and two usb outlets:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VN68ZBV/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1
This one is $139.00:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G19F4MM/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?

Last edited:
Maybe. Depends on several variables. Panel size,efficiency,how much sun during the day,etc. With only a 240 you would have to have full sun everyday and that's not likely. So you would need other ways to help keep it charged up. Alternator charging while driving, plugging in to shore power or using a batt charger powered with a generator.

Trying to avoid batteries, because they harm the environment. I thought maybe a small power station (if it worked) would be a compromise.
The heart of a Jackery is a lithium-ion battery. They just provide convenience by packaging a battery, an inverter + USB & 12 volt receptacles in one unit. The lighter weight is a big plus over LA batteries.

Running the fridge is easy of you get one of the solar batteries as suggested above. Mine runs for almost 48 hours on one charge of the battery.
What size do you have?