Alpicool C20 inside dimensions

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Ecoflow Delta, which is renowned for it's fast charging capability. My numbers may not be replicable on a Rockpal or Jackery, but my experience should be applicable. The Delta charges via the cigarette lighter on my vehicle at ~100 watts. It charges via a household outlet at 1000+ watts.

I keep my fridge (Bodega 53Q) stocked full time. It's plugged into the Delta, which is plugged into my vehicle. When driving, the Delta trickle charges (100 - 50 = 50 watts). On travel days, the Delta can be replenished from an overnight of boondocking. On hot days with little travel, I've recharged it at gyms, restaurants, and laundrymats. It takes about 30 minutes to go from 25% to 95% charged.

I don't have solar because it wouldn't be particularly useful in my use case (highly mobile, street camping). If I had a permanently installed battery bank, I'd go B2B route connected to my alternator to fast charge the bank. For me, running the engine 30 minutes a day is a lot more practical than a rooftop of solar panels running 8 hours a day. YMMV.

Yes,I was aware of how they can be charged but I was just curious about your situation. Which method do you use most?
I use all 3 almost equally, but I am relatively new at this. I keep a plastic bag with the charging cords handy, so when I pick up the Rockpals, it's easy to pick up the charging cords. If I visit a friend overnight I plug it in. If I want a day of rest, I put out the solar panels, as I drive the charge cord is readily available.

Just think about always charging it, that way it's there when you need it.