Almost ready to lanuch

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony's Dream

Reaction score
I bought a 2016 Ford Transit Cargo Van a year ago.  I've added a built in cabinet, rope bed, installed a roof vent and window.  I'm thinking about adding an RV plug but was wondering if any one has ran into locations that would not let a van hook up?

Eight months to go and planning on a trip from Nebraska to VA in June 2022.  I have high hopes of success.

There are some RV parks that do not allow vans. But many will. An RV plug comes in handy not just for parks but also for bringing in power from a portable generator. You can keep the door and/or window closed instead of needing it open for a cord to come in through them. That helps keep out the bugs and mice too. I personally think it is a great accessoory option.

put in the simple plug, you will need it when ya need it cause you are doing so well, that tiny bit extra is a great safeguard to have then not have :) More power to you on your launch!!!

When I took out the back air conditioner & heater for the rear passengers in my van I ended up with a hole in the floor that I decided to not fix. I have a hidden trap door in the van build's flooring so that I can use that hole for other purposes. Some places allow outdoor showers without having to collect the gray water and haul it off. My indoor shower pan has the option to route that shower water out through that hole with a garden hose. I also have a standard 25ft 30 amp RV heavy duty cable for connections to 30 amp RV pedestals. So I can bring in shore power or use that 25ft cord to bring in generator power. I like the fact that there is no access to any of my mechanical things like external power or water supply that are visible on the sides of the van. Even my dump for the blackwater tank is hidden inside. This is all possible because the back 14 inches of space is dedicated to mechanical fixtures and outdoor cooking. I have outdoor electric and pressured water back there. So I can close up and still be connected to both shore power and city water supply. I made that hole big enough for a hose and the 30 amp cord together.

Latest posts