Algodones, Mexico for Cheap Dental

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain

Reaction score
Anybody been to Algones, Mexico for cheap dental? Please let me know how it went, and if I should take advantage of it.

I've seen Bob's video, that's how I learned about it. I'm trying to get testimony of people's actual experience. What did you have done. Was it a good experience. What was the cost. Do you recommend it, etc. :cool:

captain said:
Anybody been to Algones, Mexico for cheap dental? Please let me know how it went, and if I should take advantage of it.

A couple I know went and they were really happy.  Mrs. got implants (took several trips) and Mr. had a crown made (2 trips).  Both were super happy with the price and experience.  Dentist was educated in the good old US of A.  He didn't have time for chit chat and "chairside manner"  but runs between patients to get a volume business done.   The price was a fraction of what it costs here.  They were very satisfied.

I had work done there. The dentist was US trained. Nothing was any different from my experiences with dentists in the US, except the price and the nationality of the people doing the work.

I saw and heard of equipment and techniques being used there that my old home-town dentist didn't have. I would say many are cutting-edge in their field.

One time I made a quick run across the border with a toothache; with no appointment I tried for a walk-in at one of the very popular and highly rated clinics. They had me in a chair in 10 minutes.  I got checked out and diagnosed, then decided not to proceed with the procedure that day, the dentist wrote up my diagnosis then told me no charge for the visit. I'm going back to see him for a bunch of work this winter!

bonvanroulez said:
I saw and heard of equipment and techniques being used there that my old home-town dentist didn't have. I would say many are cutting-edge in their field.

One time I made a quick run across the border with a toothache; with no appointment I tried for a walk-in at one of the very popular and highly rated clinics. They had me in a chair in 10 minutes.  I got checked out and diagnosed, then decided not to proceed with the procedure that day, the dentist wrote up my diagnosis then told me no charge for the visit. I'm going back to see him for a bunch of work this winter!

Awesome. I heard that the equipment was top of the line too.  If I needed anything major, I would definitely make the trip...even though I'm pretty far away.  It doesn't make sense to pay US prices.  Ha!  My dentist's prices have soared.  He has a big webpage and he features himself flying his new plane on it.  Guess who paid for that.

My mom had a lot of work done there and they are very medically competent. She is fragile, and they were able to get the work done anyway. She was pleased.  The Docs are not actually from Algodones, but caravan in some very nice SUV's from Mexico.

MrNoodly said:
I had work done there. The dentist was US trained. Nothing was any different from my experiences with dentists in the US, except the price and the nationality of the people doing the work.
This was Dr. Rubio?

captain said:
I think Bob used Rubio, and there is more info on his office elsewhere in the forums. One of the youtube moderators, Ditzy, recommended [font=Roboto, sans-serif]Eva Urena DDS 4th St & B Ave. Hope this helps.[/font]

Latest posts