air conditioning van? type

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's the best looking install of a window unit i've seen. not as notable as an install in window area.

I agree that the lower rear door installation looks good, and strongly considered doing this at one time.&nbsp; What made me rethink that was reading posts on a forum tied to a Canadian customizer.&nbsp; People who had the option rear door a/c were generally not happy with it.&nbsp; Some were offering their door for sale, and others were scouring junk yards for doors to replace theirs.&nbsp; That said, I still like it and wonder (again) about having it on a slide out to 1) improve appearance, and 2) protect the unit from some of the stress from debris and road shock.<br><br>Vickie

i like the way it looks from the outside and that it is lower in the door...seems more stable for a thing that heavy.&nbsp; also, if you did want to change you could just get a new door whereas a hole in the van body is forever.&nbsp; also it lets you use about the cheapest a/c there is.

Pumping the heat out through the floor is tough, Heat raises and so you will be fighting a high head pressure if you dont get enough circulation.I went with a false insulated wall in my step van and put the battery bank with its gasses and the generator all in back. I vent with a power attic vent set to 110 degrees and it rarely runs due to vents high and low cut in on the box. I can run 2 days in Florida heat with 12 golf cart batterys and a 3500 watt inverter, work lets me plug in my 100 amp charger during the week Im running 4 inches of foam on 3 sides and the floor is factory injected foam in the Aluminum floors.

Latest posts