Again?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravelingZombies

Reaction score
So, we left yesterday for an extended road trip and at our spot I was bitten by a biting fly on my elbow and now my whole arm is swollen up like my leg was last week. Waiting to be seen then headed back to camp.

I swear you must be giving off a scent or something. Good luck at the doc’s.

I was sent from urgent care to hospital for blood work and may need an introvenous antibiotic treatment because the infection is so bad.
Living the dream 1 adventure at a time.

Where are you at that you keep getting these poisonous bites?? Scary!

I hope you get better soon! Maybe you need to start spraying yourself down with something. My 4 adult kids and I are going camping in late Sept and have been warned about mosquitos. I'm bringing a bottle of picaridin I got off Amazon and I'm going to be making a bottle of spray with lemon eucalyptus for the ones who wants a more natural repellent. Picaridin is made from piperine which is what gives black pepper its bite. I think it works for more than just mosquitos too.

Just got released from hospital they prescribed me three more pills heading back to the campsite for the next week.
The temperature supposed to be in the 70s and '80s where I'm at but I'm supposed to avoid the Sun for the next two weeks because of my new pills.

You have some amazingly bad luck!
Hope you feel better very quickly.

kklowell said:
You have some amazingly bad luck!
Hope you feel better very quickly.
Thanks for the well wishes. If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck. Lol
Everybody stumbles and falls down in their life it's up to them to stand back up and keep going.

tx2sturgis said:
wow...I wonder if this has been studied?
ofc it hasn't been studied. Very little was studied before they threw a homebrew trial vaccine into people.

2 of my coworkers both recently "vaccinated" now have serious issue going on with their prostrate.

Apparently that also is an unexpected/expected consequence

Hope you recover and that this issue is not related to the rona test shot you welcomed.

yea I hope your immune system is not compromised and more

there will be 'alot' of issues coming forward about this vax for sure, just time needs to see what issues can be traced and related to it etc.

all kinds of crazy out there with this covid and vax and different strains happening UGH

Sitting outside in campgrounds - is that what is causing the bites/stings? I really haven't done much of that, as nice as it sounds. I'm more likely to stay inside... maybe with doors open and bug screens up.

I know one person who got the vaccine who recently died of septicemia - don't know if there was any relation to the vaccine though. Also another friend who got the vaccine has been hospitalized with a pancreas problem of some kind. Also don't know if it is related to the shots, but he just advised me not to get them.

I confess I didn't get the shots... I'm waiting to see what happens with everyone else who got them. So far it seems like most of them are okay. I've heard of a few side effects but none long lasting.

I heard that someone in town recently found out he had covid for a while now and didn't know it until suddenly he started having breathing problems.

Also heard that people who had the shots are again being told to wear masks.

Anyhow... hope your bites/stings heal quickly. If you eat garlic mosquitoes won't like you... not sure about other insects, but it is worth a try.

Hope you heal quick! I know I’ve got issues going and will be getting MRI’s and such next week. They found something on last test and want that retested then too. Getting old is getting in the way of my plans. Haha! I hope they can pin point stuff for you. Sounds like antibiotics, that don’t mix with sun.

Good luck with your MRI and your health issues. The antibiotics were anti sun but finally done with them, just in time for rainy forecast of course. Just got back to home base to get truck repairs done and headed back to the mountains until next repair on Aug 13 at which point we're planning on heading east to the Dakota's to start and who knows from there.

TA the shots are even more important now that the D type is so easily transmitted. I and my wife have both had the shots with no bad side affects but being hermits and wearing a mask if we even think there will be people within 10' of us has prevented us I believe from catching anything so far. We have had a few friends that didn't get the shots that ended up in the hospital and one that passed. So far no one we know who has been vaccinated has gotten sick with Covid 19. I'm sure there are some side affects but few if any that have caused any where near as many deaths as Covid 19 has among the unvaccinated. Just saying and just my opinion . Stay safe!

Sorry to hear of your loss. I got the shots knowing that there were potential side effects but allergic reaction to biting flies never crossed my mind and makes a little concerned about bugs I haven't been bit or stung by yet and possible reactions to them. I don't know anyone personally who has had COVID-19 but have heard from people who do know and heeded their warning. Don't know if a bug will will end me up in hospital again but I know I'm good against COVID-19 for now.