after market high top roof ?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwhite

Reaction score
I think if I were to do a Van convertion it would be a ford or chevy and I haven't seen many with a high top so Has anyone added a after market high top roof ? 
I thought I saw a video bob wells did and he claimed the one he bought it was no good, not having the tools I guess I would go to a body shop to have the roof cut off and the top installed unless you have to go to the place selling them. and they install them 
if I remember when I was searching the companies that sold them  were half the country away from me, 
I thought they were like 4000 dollars maybe that was with the install.
my plans could be shut down before I ever start if I had to install a high top ?

it's not that the top Bob bought was no good but the install was sub par. and the company basically gave him the run around. they are really not that hard to install except the part where you lift it into place, if you can figure that out they are fairly easy.

there have been many threads here about them do a search. the company with the best reputation is Fiberline in Southern California.

highdesertranger

I knew from the start that I wanted a high top, so I factored that into my search. Wound up with a new Chevy 3500 then having Fiberen instal a high top.

You literally chose the best of both worlds! 

You'll have years and miles of trouble free, full standing height living!