Adventure Vans

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mamamia

Reaction score
Anyone know about this company? Has great deals on cargo vans to convert, In NC.

I'm a single woman, almost ripped off on Craig's List.
I'm almost afraid to trust these others
Do I buy one of these vans to convert?
What about eBay? Is it safe?
I moved 2 year's ago from California to MO. I'm doing everything on my own!
b038defe239d79e5f3763c8f46a7cf71.jpg

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard the good ship CFVL !

I didn't see anything on the cargo van company in N.C. you want info on in your post.
Try posting the name again?

Are you having trouble posting a link or picture ?

Let me check

Mamma Mia,

Since you already have a thread in Newcomer's Corner, I moved your question about a van to the Van sub-forum.

Glad you are here and posting!

Here it is:
http://www.adventurevans.com/vehicles

When I was looking earlier this year in the area from LA to Vegas to Phoenix the same vans were about $2000-$3000 cheaper. I paid $19000 for a 2015 cargo with only 12,000 miles.

So there prices seem a little high to me but maybe they are just more here on the east coast?

If the prices are okay with you, I'd go look at them.

Its American adventure Inc.
I'm looking at stock 3878T and. Stock # 3877T
I would appreciate so much on your thoughts, please
I'm on my own with this!
Thank You!
Marianne

Bob this is the place! What is your opinion on stock 3878T? Or 3877T?
Cargo van.
If you bought your van there, then that's a big plus!

I bought my van in Los Angeles.

I don't know anything about the pricing of the Transits, but my first thought is that seems like a really good deal. You should look it up on Kelly Blue Book online.

They give you the VIN, you should probably run it through Carfax.

Anybody else want to give your opinion, this is the link to the van she is interested in:

http://www.adventurevans.com/vehicles?SearchString=3877T

Thank you so much if I go with a van, lots of questions.
Hmm? Lot's of questions whatever I go with [emoji6]
Good Night to you all
Blessing
Mia

Mamamia, I have that similar vehicle purchased June last year at $23k out of  the door, with 27k miles, did my own simple conversion over time. Now have 46k trouble free miles and can honestly say I'm a happy camper.
Mileage wise I get 14/15 mpg around town and freeway cruising 17/18, on back road cruising with a lite foot I've teased 22 mpg.
I know I'm not the only Transit owner on this forum so others may offer comments as well.
All the very best to you.

MM

Almost forgot there is a recall to replace the flexible coupling at 30,00 miles at no charge, mine was done 2 weeks back takes about 2 hours. This is a temporary fix until Ford has enough universal joints to replace permanently the flexible coupling.

This is so encouraging, to hear this by another van dweller!

Espcially by one who has the same van, I want!

Thank You so very much!
Not sure at all what the "flexible coupling" is?

However lets hope Ford has this fixed, before I buy mine! ;-)

'' Thank You so very much '' Your very welcome.

'' Not sure at all what the "flexible coupling" is? ''
It's a flexible rubber coupling that connects the transmission to the drive shaft. Brand new vans being sold now have the universal joint instead, but I mentioned this because you linked a used van. IMO this isn't a concern as only very high mileage vehicles had problems, mine at 45+k miles was still in pretty good shape.

MM

Oh wow! Good thing!
Transmission, block, calibers, belts, are not the kind of words you want to hear, when you need repairs!
I'm sure there are many other's
I just don't know them.

I love the Transit. I have a high roof one which lets me stand up comfortably and move around. I only had two major requirements when van shopping. It had to fit in a regular parking spot and I had to be able to stand up. If you can find a medium roof one I think that would be the perfect van for a conversion. I needed the high roof for more head space but was so close to getting the medium roof.

Do you have any friends who can go with you when you look at the vans. I think it helps to have an extra set of eyes. Especially if it's your first van you plan to convert.

I 100% agree! I have to be able to stand and I also want to be able to park, if I have to in any parking space or driveway.

As far as help? No I just moved here 2 years ago from California, my home state.

I have family and friends, back in Calif. who are looking when they can, everyone has their family's and life.
Busy, busy....

So I'm here alone looking, tried to stay local, until I almost got taken for
$$$$$! From 2 towns away! And a special ED. Teacher.

Now I'm looking out of MO. into. Where I can fly and drive back.VA. NC.SC.IL.

Makes it a bit difficult. However thank God for all of you! And thoses who are open to us newcomers[emoji173]

Doing a quick search for the same van on Autotrader for your area, I'd say their price is pretty much exactly in line with other dealerships.

The cheapest I could find for your area (150 miles from Charlotte) with comparable mileage was $19,711 Most are between the 22 and 24k price range.
Here's a link for the one just under $20k

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...Radius=0&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=FORDTRN250

Mamamia said:
Oh wow! Good thing!
Transmission, block, calibers, belts,   are not the kind of words you want to hear, when you need repairs!
I'm sure there are many other's
I just don't know them.

Engine, axle, chassis  :D

If your search brings you to the Virginia Beach area of Virginia ?
There is a Van's Only dealer in our area with a great reputation .
(Van's of Greatbridge ) in Chesapeake , Va.
We didn't buy ours there as we got a great deal on a 2008 E-150 XLT Premium from a local dealer with wholesale pricing .
Plus other dealers do to the large turnover of military here .
Bob

Mamamia said:
I 100% agree! I have to be able to stand and I also want to be able to park, if I have to in any parking space or driveway.
The medium roof Transit is a full 6ft tall inside.  After finishing out the interior a person 5ft 8" or less so should have plenty of room.