A Women's RTR!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jaxtonsgram (Nora), I am so sorry to hear about your parents! And having to deal with disabled children on top of grief cannot be easy, either (I can't even begin to imagine). Do what's best for you and your conscious, without feeling any regret  :shy:

I'm glad this is happening because I won't be able to make it till the end of the RTR anyway, so thanks! :)

Suanne said:
As far as I know, it's still against BLM rules to sell any product or service on BLM land.  I know, at past RTRs, others have provided haircuts for a donation.

I wanted to set up my massage chair and put "for donation" sign out.  Would that be ok?  I'm a certified/licensed massage therapist and wouldn't mind rubbing some people's shoulders for some gas $

waverider1987 said:
... I won't be able to make it till the end of the RTR ...

We'll be so glad to have you continue on to the Women's RTR.  Just be aware that we won't be re-teaching any of the content that was given at the main RTR sessions.  Depending on how new you are to the lifestyle, this may or may not make a difference for you.

Until then, safe travels!

Suanne

waverider1987 said:
I wanted to ... put "for donation" sign out.  Would that be ok?  ...

I just want to let you know that we are in the process of working with the BLM to be clear about what is allowed and what isn't when it comes to the exchange of goods, services or money (even donations).

The RTR's large growth last year has caught BLM's attention; so, we are making extra sure we are compliant with their rules.

Watch this forum and Bob's YouTube channel for addition clarification in the days to come.

Suanne

I wish I could go! Unfortunately I can't afford to miss work. I'm gradually getting rid of stuff and looking at getting a van next spring. I could sure use the information and sisterhood. The women's group at last January's RTR was the single most empowering even in my life. I walked away feeling like I could survive anything.

Looking forward to this. What a great idea to add to an already wonderful experience of the RTR. I am planning to be at both

Hi, I'm traveling to the RTR with a guy this year and only have so much time to spend at the RTR. Hoping a women's RTR becomes an ongoing part of the RTR. If it is around next year I would consider coming solely for the women's portion. Sorry to miss this year, but please keep it going!

I am trying to make it. . .if I can get a vehicle purchased and insured in the next two weeks. . . .

I love that this is going on! I'm wondering (I searched but didn't see anything) if it's O.K. if husbands, boyfriends, etc. are welcome? Particularly if there's an understanding that they basically 'hang back'; stay quiet, in the RV ;) ?

The Women's RTR is for women only.

That being said, I know many women who share the same rig with a male. So, we will request that they camp in the same general area together. That way the women in those rigs may attend the WRTR. Other areas will be for women-only camping. Locations will be announced at the main RTR.

Of course, men will not be attending any of the gatherings of the Women's RTR, formal or informal.

Suanne ... heading toward Q today!

waverider1987 said:
I wanted to set up my massage chair and put "for donation" sign out.  Would that be ok?  I'm a certified/licensed massage therapist and wouldn't mind rubbing some people's shoulders for some gas $

From what I understand, services by donation are not allowed by BLM (unless you get your own permit to sell, and pay taxes on what you bring in).   And the BLM is watching us very closely due to our explosive growth.

I am thinking about coming! I’m not at the RTR (fear of too many people, among other reasons), but am in Utah and it would be fairly easy to get there. Do you have a sense of how many people it will be? Hundreds? Dozens? Scores? I’m curious! This would be my first time out other than at camp grounds and it seems like a friendly and safe environment in which to ask lots of questions.

We really don't know how many women will be attending the WRTR. For last Friday's Women's Meeting we had 260 attend. Since this is the first WRTR and we haven't really promoted it, I'm guessing that it will be somewhere between 100 and 300. But I would not be too surprised if it's less or more. Sorry I can't be more definitive for you.

Suanne ... amazed how we've grown

I’m about 75% sure I’ll come down. I have to get over the mental hurdle of the bathroom issue. I’ve got a bathroom bucket system I’ve taken camping before, but have only used it for peeing in the night and use campground bathrooms for everything else. I’ve yet to wrap my mind around all my pooping happening in a bucket in my minivan ?
That’s my only hangup! But if I’m going to follow-through on my plans to do this more, I need to get over it. Women’s RTR seems like a good place to put it all to the test, and if I freak out, town is not far off...and I can always turn around and come back home to the land of tile and sinks and flushing toilets
signed,
skittish in salt lake ;)

Hi saracatherine,
You can line your bucket with a plastic bag, put cat litter in it. Just cover your poop with a layer of cat litter every time you poop or pee. Then dispose of bags at the free public dump in Quartzsite .
No problem really! See you at the women's RTR!
PM me if you have any more questions or concerns.
Aloha!

Confetti said:
Hi saracatherine,
You can line your bucket with a plastic bag, put cat litter in it. Just cover your poop with a layer of cat litter every time you poop or pee. Then dispose of bags at the free public dump in Quartzsite .
No problem really! See you at the women's RTR!
PM me if you have any more questions or concerns.
Aloha!

That is exactly my system  :)
It’s not the how-to I have a problem with. It’s the want-to! 
That said, now I have a family trip coming up in a couple of weeks that involves a long drive, and I may need to save my gas money for that...

Thanks for the reply and offer of help!

The Women's RTR (WRTR) begins on Monday morning!

If you have volunteered or want to volunteer to help with set up, tear down, or other logistical details for the WRTR, we are having an organizational meeting at 9am on Sunday (tomorrow) at my camp. Your help is greatly appreciated.

My camp is just south (across the road) from the large open main camp area, at the east end of it. I'm in a white Prius with WA State plates. I also have a small beige and orange tent between my car and the wash.

See you there!

Info about the WRTR at www.cheaprvliving.com/womensrtr

Thanks, Suanne