A Women's RTR!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan to come to the RTR, traveling with at least one other new vanner also.  I will probably stay for the woman' rtr.  I need to meet some people and learn how to find boondocking places.  Thanks for hopefully planning  this.

I think this is a wonderful time for a great opportunity to enjoy the benefits of women wisdom and bonding! Thanks so very much for this extra support! Beachcricket!

Rjaxtonsgram said:
I wasn't planning on going this year, but...you just upped the ante.
Nora
Nora, come! How about heading to Quartzsite earlier than the RTR (some of us will be there) like before the snow really starts and then head home in spring? It seems like a long time but it’s your dream and at some point one must follow their dreams! Does Hubble have a dream that you could trade off perhaps? How about asking for feedback from other women who leave behind family in order to travel. Best of luck no matter what you decide! Hope to meet you sooner than later!!!

I will be there and would love to learn how to be more tech savvy if someone would like to share their expertise. I also know an incredible woman (an experienced minivan dweller with a wealth of knowledge and a great gift of caring) who would be a great speaker/teacher for the women’s RTR. Her you tube channel is crystal vanner. Everyone check her out and Suanne please contact her. She would be soooo helpful!

I really hope to make it! It will be my first time in Quartzsite. I attended the Summer RTR outside of Flagstaff with a friend before I actually got a van. I'm an introvert, but pushing myself to do this! I know I could learn a lot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What about the 14 day limit thing.
Am confused now-not that it takes a great deal!!

Suanne said:
As far as I know, it's still against BLM rules to sell any product or service on BLM land.  I know, at past RTRs, others have provided haircuts for a donation.

I am all about donation and barter... There are things I need and need done with the rig..I am also will to just do it. Should someone need help!!

I just want to let you all know that I'll be putting up an informational web page on the CheapRVLiving site this week.  Then, I'll start contacting experienced vandwelling women that I know to see if they will be one of our panel members, or share their expertise at a mini session.  So, continue to stay tuned!

Thank you Suanne, I was really excited about attending my first RTR. Now I'm super excited for the opportunity to meet and hang out with more of the women. I have been traveling off and on since retirement in 2006 first with a partner and now alone. My trips have became longer and my van set up has gotten better. I have been watching YouTube videos and reading the forums to gain more knowledge and I just can't wait! I'm nervous about figuring out where to camp once I get to the RTR. Thinking it would be awesome to meet some people before hand then arrive and camp together. Are there opportunities for that?

Thanks, Bob & Suanne! Great opportunity. I'm interested in topics mentioned. The ones I need most:

Arts & crafts on the road
Mentoring after RTR
Tent pitch
Basic vehicle maintenance
Safe food storage
How to read maps...a biggie

Great addition to standard RTR!!! :heart:

Suanne said:
 Additionally, to create a safe space where women may express themselves freely, please no video/audio taping or photos during the Women's RTR.

I think a Women's RTR is a wonderful idea, and this bit especially is pure gold.  Thank you!

Awesome idea. I have some obligations that will probably keep me from attending but I’m excited it’s starting. Maybe videos of some sessions?

I just started this Spring and could use a few pointers so I will be there.

Bohemian scout said:
Thank you Suanne,   I was really excited about attending my first RTR. Now I'm super excited for the opportunity to meet and hang out with more of the women.  I have been traveling off and on since retirement in 2006 first with a partner and now alone. My trips have became longer and my van set up has gotten better.  I have been watching YouTube videos and reading the forums to gain more knowledge and I just can't wait!  I'm nervous about figuring out where to camp once I get to the RTR. Thinking it would be awesome to meet some people before hand then arrive and camp together.  Are there opportunities for that
Try not to be nervous about where to camp at the RTR. Just park wherever there's an open spot on the side of one of several fingers of land (long areas of higher ground between washes) at the site. You will quickly meet your neighbors, both men and women. Everyone there is friendly and helpful. You can always move after you've met some people you like.
Last year was my first RTR and I thoroughly enjoyed it and met many people. I had a new to me trailer and had never boondocked before and did fine. With a little help on some solar panels to keep my batteries charged up.

Bohemian, it's a pretty fluid space. Many people move as they find a space more to their liking or needs. Pull in and set up, but if you see a place you like better, move there.

You will meet your neighbors, which could be a good reason to move every few days. To meet more people.

jaxtonsgram, life will always throw excuses and hardships in our way. I say, if you have the time and funds to go to the RTR/Women's RTR, then go. You can get a somewhat reliable 10-day weather forecast and plan accordingly. A lot of times, people don't get a "next time" for whatever reason.