A informal summer gathering in Flagstaff

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A shot of the elk at the meadow.

Attachments

• 20170603_052733-resized-800.jpg
    20170603_052733-resized-800.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 21
Looks like they are habituated. Thanks for the photo FF.

Swankie, 

I think we are going to be able to help each other out.  Our stories and goals are similar.  
I will send you an email with my contact info.  

Regards, 

Pat

Anyone anywhere in the Flagstaff AZ area until the end of June???  Or through July and August???

I am beginning section-hiking of the Arizona trail and would like to find a place to leave my rig for a few days while I am on the trail.  Would also like to get a ride to trailheads and get picked up from other trailheads.  I don't expect to be out on the trail more than four days at a time, but I don't yet know how fast I can hike.

This doesn't need to be all the same person.  A different person could do each different thing.

Please PM me if you have any interest.  Thanks.

Hello all,

I haven't been on this forum for awhile and just realized I was in the exact same spot as y'all and believe I even met one of you. Out of curiosity, I would really like to know who I met.

I met a lady with a Class B. It had a very large high top. She was a couple hundred yards from the group and explained that she had some work to do and couldn't get it done around the rest of you. Does this ring a bell to anyone?

Looking for my tribe. I'm making a day trip to scout for a new camp. I will be in Williams in the morning, Flag in the early afternoon. I want to visit with my old friends. Let me know where you are, I miss you all.

Diane, aka Red

Diane

I am still near last years RTR area. Most the rest here are down in a meadow a mile up the road. I will IM you the directions in the morning.

Are some folks going to be around next week, like maybe Monday?  I'll be going back up to check on my friend's place in Williams and would like to stop by again.  If anyone needs anything from the Phoenix area I could bring it up when I come.

Diane, I am above the meadow. With some other people. Let me know where you end up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Tomorrow I will arrive at the summer RTR site and plan to stay in that general area until the end of the month.

Damian

White high-top Sprinter

By Monday I will join whoever is at the meadow about a mile pass the turn to the original site where I have been alone resting for a few days.

There is a wildfire over in the Kendrick Mountain area. Not sure how far away that is, but keep situationally aware. There is also one over here on the ridge near Payson. Mom and I have already made evacuation plans using my motorhome. Ok, the plan was Mom saing 'since you have everything needed in your RV, guess where I'm headed if I have to evacuate?'. I have enough fuel to get to my annual spot down in Apache Junction, so we are good. I'll check with the forest service office to see if the highway up the ridge is still open on Monday or Tuesday when I plan to head up again. I'll have my new inflatable kayak to play with on the lake in the campground over on Hwy 64.

I am still camped near the site of the 2016 summer RTR (N 35.218454, W 111.723365) and this area is not affected by either fire. A ranger drove past me a short time ago, but did not stop. I expect if the fire was a concern he would have said something.

Kendrick Mountain is about 15 miles north of here and the Kendrick Mountain Fire (aka Boundary Fire) is between the east side and US 180 (which is partly closed).

I will note that some firefighters set up a staging area a few hundred yards away. A helicopter landed and is picking up firefighters.

News links: 

https://azdot.gov/media/News/news-r...closed-northwest-of-flagstaff-due-to-wildfire

http://azdailysun.com/news/local/sm...cle_4477b3a6-a238-576f-91b6-78b4132cbed5.html

https://www.williamsnews.com/news/2017/jun/14/boundary-fire-kendrick-mountain-13-percent-contain/

Quick updates are available via Twitter at @KaibabNF and @CoconinoNF.

Damian

Hi; I think I am in the right spot. Came in this morning about 10:00.
I was at the winter RTR and really did not really meet to many regulars, as too many people.
I welcome visitors.

Frank, are you in the class C across from a class C and a travel trailer?

Frank said:
I was at the winter RTR and really did not really meet to many regulars, as too many people.

I was at the winter one too, and met quite a few people that had never heard of the forum; and it was also their first RTR ...  The YouTube channel has been a big hit.  No value-judgement, just an observation.

I should be down there by the end of this month.  I'll look you up, Frank!  

Pat

I just got to flagstaff! I'm at that place just east of town, something national monument? I turned left instead of right and found a camp. I forgot about this gathering but decided I'll chill here for a while B) so yea if you see my green van with white roof you know you found me X)

Latest posts