$500 standard repair fee

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran ito it with my rv......1800 for a brake job?.......went to the parts store 285.00 for pads all the way around .....12.00 beer....9.00 lunch......200.00 for the fella in the van that did the labor(in walmarts parking lot).

Life is good......and if you just look, there is someone out there that will help you.......and at the same time your helping them!!!!

Lucky Mike - you are lucky. Strip one bolt (which will happen) and now you need to tow it to a shop. Granted I had previously only stripped a bolt once. But unless you have experience you might not know you are going to do that. So who turned those brake rotors in the parking lot, as that us standard for many brake jobs?

rotors were in good shape , they were new last fall.......I change the pads to upgrade them from the cheapo's the dealer put on it.....

I didn't think a large RV would have rear disc brakes but it seems that is common (thanks Google). What parts store would stock pads for a Class A? Or did you have to order?

I would upgrade another notch higher to Popeye's Fried Chicken. Yum!! :p I really do eat that stuff, by the way!

Casey

bindi&us said:
I'd have to upgrade at least to KFC :D:D

By the way, every time I get a brake job done, it's at least $1,000. I'm used to it cuz I'm a sucker. Plus there's no way in hay I'm gonna do my own brakes. For me, that would be like trying to do my own brain surgery. Outcome can't be good. :D

Casey - that's exactly the point. Keeping a vehicle running vista $500 for standard maintenance every six months. Brakes / tune up/ muffler/ shocks/ fluids/ water pump/ battery.

the RV is a chevy P-30 chassis HD.........standard truck parts.......the only thing on an RV that makes it an RV is the shell and interior build , I always try hard not to say RV when buying parts.....they want to jack up the prices right away!

My old 84 Pace Arrow was a P-30 chassis, Disk Brakes on all 4 my new one is a wide body .P-32/37 parts are really expensive & a lot not available already. yep brake pads almost 300 & I changed them--

Latest posts