38 Year Old Chevy Van Sells for $26K

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cortttt

Reaction score
[font=arial, sans-serif]1979 Chevrolet Nomad van - sold at Auction[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][img=540x405]http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/fbf...06047080182965-1979-Chevrolet-Nomad.jpg[/img]
[font=arial, sans-serif]More than 30 years old but virtually un-driven with 217 miles, this Chevy van was discovered in a rural Canadian barn in November 2016 after sitting in storage since 1980, according to the seller. (Photo: Barrett-Jackson)[/font]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]More than 30 years old but virtually undriven with 217 miles, this Chevy van was discovered in a rural Canadian barn in November after sitting in storage since 1980, according to the seller. Nothing but the battery has been replaced, and the van drives like new, according to the seller. Price: $26,400.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...n-wraps-up-record-car-truck-auction/96945164/[/font]

I would have forensics performed on the age of this thing first. Would think it could have been restored for half that.

Collectors are always weird in my mind. My uncle collects cars and has spent amounts for pristine barn cars that I find ridiculous. It is his money though! :)

It's all relative. To someone with a bank account full of money 26k is nothing. Or it could have been someone who's first vehicle was one of these and it reminds them of their youth or the roadtrip they took around the country one summer.

Personally I love seeing these barn finds once discovered. They are a time capsule into the past. And who doesn't dream about their past every now and then.

So I'm not just letting this van rust in my driveway, I'm aging it. Hmm...

if he puts it back in the garage for another 10 years it will likely sell for 75,000

kept in a hermetically sealed jar in funkenwagnels barn for 38 years

Latest posts