28 day max stay at RV park? why

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorado guy

Reaction score
28-day max stay at RV park? why? when I reserved a 30-day stay at some RV parks I see this message. to become a resident it says 30-days continuous stay. I want to make Pahrump NV my domicile address. does anyone know of a cheap RV park in Pahrump? Some RV parks will ask if your RV is RVIA approved? I have a van conversion like Bobs So I doubt it. Hope to be down there next year.Thanks for any help. colorado guy.

It would help if you would post a link to the park you refer to.

Doesn't the park website explain why it has a 28-day limit?

Have you asked them why?

My guess is it most likely breaks a local ordinance which allows them to be considered a RV Park rather than a Mobile Home Park. Many local and state governments have some pretty strict requirements as they don’t want responsibility for people living in temporary dwellings.

Cguy, you should check the residency requirements on the NV state website for yourself.

I have a full-timer friend who recently established residency in NV by renting a space in an RV park in northern NV for a month, and which has both long-term and short term renters. As far as I know, she could keep extending her stay in that park indefinitely. She told me the requirement is 14-days. She also just voted in person 2 days ago. But don't take what she told me as an "absolute" truth. Check it for yourself.

Longest I have stayed in NV is 7 days, including drive time. 

I bet you could book consecutive 28 day stays if there is a limit. The park will have a goal of being full vs being empty.  I have heard that the snowbirds from Canada are not coming this year due to gov regulations from covid 19. So parks are offering deals and discounts on the rates.
-crofter

crofter said:
 I have heard that the snowbirds from Canada are not coming this year due to gov regulations from covid 19. 
The Canadians are too smart for that.

Remember in times of economic downturns, even more so than in normal times.....
When cash talks, the BS dissapears. Offer to pay them in cash and see how long you can stay as well as getting a better price for the stay.

This summer I stayed weeks longer than the RV park limits because I always paid in cash.

I know why its 28 days :) It is not a conspiracy with the state.

That is because there a 7 days in a week and 4 times 7 is 28. It is all about having easy bookkeeping and it has nothing to do with the residency requirements.  it is just a basic issue of math in terms of billing cycles.

For NV DMV the requirement is a receipt with the RV park's address for one month's rent and an acceptable mailing address. Commercial mail forwarders will not work.

Which RV park in Pahrump has a 28 day limit? Sounds weird.

One guy on this site used a RV park off West Basin, from NV-160 go past Blagg and there is blue sign on the right to turn left to that RV park. He was building out a box truck, so they won't care, unless your rig is a mobile meth lab, than again maybe, maybe not.

The RV park is about a couple miles from Home Depot on NV-160 which was handy for his build. He got his Nevada Real ID DL and was good to go, which he did. Last heard he was getting a campground job in a forest somewhere and never checked back in.

Nothing has changed in the five years that I have been here in Nye County. Except Pahrump has gotten a bit less polite.

There are a number of prior threads with a multitude of posts about NV DMV, mailing addresses, and Pahrump.

Use the forum's search function.

Be wary of recommendations to use an unoccupied house as the street address for your mailing address. Unless you like to do that sort of thing.

Usually weekly rates work out to be higher per day than monthly rates.

Money grubbing.

Looking at google maps shows 19 RV parks in Pahrump. I don't have firsthand knowledge, but would imagine one could find something reasonable, and not possibly requiring a newer RVIA approved RV. I looked at the website for Pahrump RV Park & Lodging, and they show $300/month which is pretty reasonable, $10/day.

I wonder if any RV parks allow non-self-contained van builds. Might be a problem with plumbing.

I made sure to attcah an RVIA plaque to my renovated travel trailer ?

Some of them even allow tent camping :)

I don’t think anyone could’ve imagined what Covid would do to us. But the lack of Canadian snowbirds this year is going to be interesting to say the least. A lot of people depend on them spending their dollars down here and that ain’t gonna happen. I have lots of friends in the tour business and they are folding business is left and right. People who owe money to the bank on $500,000 motor coaches have no business Income to pay for them. One of my best friend from Ohio just lost his beautiful home of over 50 years. Even if they get their vaccine soon the wake of this thing is going to rock this country for years. As you said earlier the rules at RV parks are going to change and the prices will probably go down without the Canadians here, A.

Colorado guy said:
28-day max stay at RV park? why? when I reserved a 30-day stay at some RV parks I see this message. to become a resident it says 30-days continuous stay. I want to make Pahrump NV my domicile address. does anyone know of a cheap RV park in Pahrump? Some RV parks will ask if your RV is RVIA approved? I have a van conversion like Bobs So I doubt it. Hope to be down there next year.Thanks for any help. colorado guy.
Coincidentally, I was looking at the same thing today. It is 28 or 29 days, like you say.
I think the solution is to go with AirBnB , and rent a room for a month. Other options include house-sitting in the area, or renting a room at a house. Craigslist would be good for that.