2019 RTR-Frontage Road too rough for rental car?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tx2sturgis said:
All you inconsiderate dust devil drivers, I'm gonna send the head of the Dirt Mafia (HDR) to have a little talk with you.

:p

Uh oh... I know HDR and don’t want broken kneecaps.

There are lots of people that just don’t have the option of parking a mile from camp.

Even after the road and everyone hits dirt there is no slowing down. If people were courteous they would drive slow.

It’s hard for me to wrap my mind around someone knowingly dusting a bunch of other people and trying to justify it even after they know it causes trouble for other people. That dust can be a killer not just an annoyance. People get very sick from it. Check out Valley Fever for more info.

Never been to RTR and hopefully i'll get to next year but can someone explain to be why they are in such a hurry
that they have to drive so fast on a dusty road?

Headache said:
From what I understand from discussion last year the entry point for the 2019 RTR is possibly being located down the dirt road(the road you drive on in front of that camp host after turning off the pavement) from the camp host. If that is still accurate you'll be on the "bad" road for all of about 30ft.

That location did not work out so the RTR is going to be located just a bit father down the same road as last year.
At lot more information can be found here: https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=34521

camping bum said:
Never been to RTR and hopefully i'll get to next year but can someone explain to be why they are in such a hurry
that they have to drive so fast on a dusty road?

everyone has a different opinion of "fast". 10-15 mph on a dusty dirt road can kick up clouds of dust. some folks just wont be happy unless everyone drives at , walking speed. just think of the mess of a few thousand rigs trying to get into and out of a camp in slow motion walking speed, not everyone is down for that. and when you have hundreds or thousands going in and out it adds up. most people drive very respectably but are still kicking up dust and dont look behind them. some just dont care. and there will always be someone in a hurry and just likes to drive fast. just look at the rest of the roads.