2014 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I''m guessing this is the long wheel base XL? I didn't realize at first that the internal height is lowered by about 7" in 2014 remodel.

Yes, the ceiling is low. I've since pulled everything out. Starting from scratch with a new build :)

7" sounds about right. at least from what I can tell seeing them on the road.  I really like the new look, more powerful engine, and the improved mpg, but my 2010 has just enough headroom so that I don't hit my head when I'm sitting on the bunk.  I suppose I could shorten the legs on the bed, but that would screw up the ergonomics and my long legs wouldn't be as comfortable.  I'd also lose storage space under the bunk, something I already don't have enough of.
I really like being able to sit up in the morning without hitting my head.  I also have a table across from the bed, and having to duck while sitting at it would really suck.  

Maybe/hopefully Ford will come out with a higher roof option in the coming years.  

I look forward to seeing how set up the van this time.