2014 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALuckyDuck

Reaction score
I love the new 2014 Transit design. I believe it was based on the Nissan NV200, which is just as impressive. I've thought long and hard about getting one of those, but of course, being new still, they are rather expensive and probably won't work for me anyways.....

Just the same, once you get the pictures going, I would love to see what you have done with it.

Heres how to attach pictures:

1) click on add attachment on the right side
2) click on choose file
3) in the pop-up box navigate to your picture on your computer and click on it so it is highlighted.
4) Click on Open, it will add that pic to the list
5 add other pics

I added 4 attachments to make sure everything was working okay and it seems to be okay. I had a little trouble getting all 4 attachments but i kept trying. When they all didn't show up i clicked on Full Edit and kept trying till they did.
Bob

Attachments

• Alaska-Golden-Anchorage-001.JPG
    Alaska-Golden-Anchorage-001.JPG
    59.5 KB
  • Scan 3 (1).jpg
    Scan 3 (1).jpg
    48 KB
  • Alaska-Flagg-Ogden.JPG
    Alaska-Flagg-Ogden.JPG
    68.1 KB
  • Scan 1.jpg
    Scan 1.jpg
    23.1 KB
So I'm in an Arkansas Starbucks figuring out my route to Flagstaff. Since time is not on my side today I'll add a link to my blog which has the Van Conversion pics. There's no electric and nothing fancy, but I think it's a good depiction of the space the Transit Connect has. If anyone has any advice on where to stay in Flagstaff let us know! Thanks =)

For Van Pics, Follow Link Below
moonshadowpuppet.blogspot.com

Here's a live link to your blog:

http://moonshadowpuppet.blogspot.com/

and a photo of your van from your blog:
IMG_4127.JPG

Really, really good work!

I'm assuming you are sleeping up on the platform? Is it too high? It doesn't look like you have much room overhead. Lowering it would also bring down the outside work space.

It looks like a great little home!
Bob

Thanks Bob!

I need to get more tech savvy. Yeah, the bed is a bit high, I've bumped my head in the morning a few times now. I think eventually I will lower it, but for now it provides the right amount of storage space underneath. Great idea about the hammocks, that is def one way to utilize ceiling space.

So Yesterday was 90 degrees in Oklahoma/Texas, but we just crossed the border into New Mexico and it's low 40's here. We are a few hours away from Taos, where I hear it snowed last night (Shadow will be enjoying the weather). I got the idea of heading to elevation from this forum, So Thanks!

Good job!

Love the mop handle table leg, and your choice of reading material. Pirsig's "Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" was The Book that got me started thinking about Life in a new way. Look forward to more blog posts. Keep us updated!

em

Hi Luckyduck welcome nice rig, great set up, if you are buying hammocks you might want to consider one for yourself in a small rig like that it is very handy to relax away a few hours, all you need is one tree, another van, a light or sign post, if you bolt a hook on or inside your van, this is my set up on a small van, I use this often.
DSCN0846 (640x480).jpg

Attachments

• DSCN0846 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN0846 (640x480).jpg
    378.8 KB
Great looking van, I love what you did with it! Gives me ideas for when I upgrade from a 2010 TC to the newer model. :)

akrvbob said:
You can even buy backpacking hammocks that have rain flys and mosquitoe netting so it's a complete outdoor home.
http://hammockcompany.com/product/s...ock.do?sortby=ourPicksAscend&refType=&from=fn

If anyone is interested in hammocking either for napping while parked or for backpacking/canoe/kayak tripping etc. head to a place called hammockforums.net BEFORE you buy.

There is a whole world out there of comfort waiting for you!! And a whole separate world of hammocks way beyond the site that Bob quoted..the choice is as wide as what vehicle to drive.

Yes, I hammock when camping, won't sleep on the cold, hard ground ever again...:D

i do barrel rolls all night in my sleep, id be scared of a hammock lol

They are super dee dooper comfortable. And with all the add ons they have now with the down blanket underneath to keep your back warm, nets, integrated tarps. They really have gotten state of the art.