2014 Chevy Express 2500 Van Build: Luisafernandes

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't your parents teach you, "Don't eat no yellow snow!" :)

Nice thing about a properly equipped live-in van, wherever you are, you are 'home'! Just get far enough off the road so the idiots still motoring don't hit you!

Haha frank Zappa tought me not to eat the yellow snow!

"What flavour?"

maxresdefault.jpg

Orange by any other name still tastes as sweet[emoji521][emoji521][emoji521][emoji521][emoji1][emoji106][emoji604]

Luisafernandes said:
Rain stopped early in the afternoon. Finished applying wipe-on Poly -three coats on the ceiling panel;
vata5ury.jpg

Installed small piece of wall panel. The joint isn't perfect but eventually I'm going to cover it and the screws with something, not sure what yet.
6e3asuna.jpg

And worked on the bulkhead. Lots of templates, measuring, cutting, and recutting.  Not an easy task figuring out all the angles, and how far from the wall should the panel come out to. How big the door should be. And I can't install the bulkhead until the ceiling panel goes up, which should be tomorrow, after it has time to dry overnight.
Hi very nice build you have going here, I am a newbie to van conversions. I have the same van as you and I was wondering if you saved the paper templates that you made for the plywood sidewalls?

wdsracer said:
Hi very nice build you have going here, I am a newbie to van conversions. I have the same van as you and I was wondering if you saved the paper templates that you made for the plywood sidewalls?

Hi!
Welcome, and thank you for the kind words!
I might have saved some but not many, as I was constantly recycling old templates into new ones.
I haven't done much new in the van, except living in it, but hopefully I'll be installing solar panels soon, and not only will I have videos for my YouTube channel, but pictures for this thread as well. [emoji1][emoji106][emoji604]

Van build update!
Soon I'll be installing a roof rack, followed by solar panels, batteries and all the stuff that goes with it.
All that will be documented with pictures and comments on this thread, and videos on my YouTube channel.
I will most likely need some help from some of you knowledgeable folks in matters of solar and 12v stuff.
[emoji1][emoji106][emoji604]

Luisafernandes said:
Van build update!
Soon I'll be installing a roof rack, followed by solar panels, batteries and all the stuff that goes with it.
All that will be documented with pictures and comments on this thread, and videos on my YouTube channel.
I will most likely need some help from some of you knowledgeable folks in matters of solar and 12v stuff.
[emoji1][emoji106][emoji604]

Were ready to help when your ready to take the plunge :)

Nice, which rack are you thinking about?

It would be good if you would tell us something beside just posting links. I rarely watch videos and never if the person isn't even kind enough to tell me what it's about.
Bob

GSSP said:

I am with Bob on the not watching videos....  A couple of pics and a brief description, maybe more pics, smaller ones, not the whole page size.  It may be that I am just too picky though.

Latest posts