2011 GMC 2500 with 130K miles

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColoRockiesFan

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am considering a 2011 GMC 2500 with 130K miles. It has a high top and 6.0 liter V8 ...
Any specific concerns for this model considering the high miles?
Thanks!

The miles aren't really that high, especially for that engine.

It all depends on the asking price, and of course, the overall condition and the vehicle history.

Huge difference between local delivery-type driving and highway miles.

I'd say between 20-40% of new price, unless proven immaculately maintained.

A bit more info ... it is a Sportsmobile ... one owner - located in FL. He used it as a second car - occasional daily driver. 

No accidents.

Has couch/bed, small refridge, microwave, inverter, high top, etc.

Asking $23.5

They are sure proud of those Sportsmobiles, and probably with good reason, they hold their value and there is a huge fan base, and I think they even have Sportsmobile Rallys.

Can you post some pictures or a link?

tx2sturgis said:
They are sure proud of those Sportsmobiles, and probably with good reason, they hold their value and there is a huge fan base, and I think they even have Sportsmobile Rallys.

Can you post some pictures or a link?

Hi Brian,

I'll post pics after I decide whether to buy. I actually had a van I really wanted sold to someone else because I posted a link ... sigh.

ColoRockiesFan said:
Sportsmobile
Totally different story, very popular niche market. The factory van platform itself is a small portion of the overall price. You need to be **very** diligent looking at the condition of the added-value bits, and obviously be happy with the layout/build aspects as is, not worth ripping stuff out and doing custom as you could with something more basic.

ColoRockiesFan said:
He used it as a second car - occasional daily driver.
Alarm bell there! 20+K per year on average says BS. . .

Well, I decided to pass on this van. I had an inspection done by a local mechanic and he found too many issues (lots of leaks). Although they can all be fixed, I am just leery of the 130K and what other problems may arise. Besides, my brother, a car guy, told me to walk away.   :D

Someone mechanically inclined may be interested:

2011 GMC RB-42

http://sportsmobile.com/preowned-sportsmobile-north-inc/

ColoRockiesFan said:
Well, I decided to pass on this van. I had an inspection done by a local mechanic and he found too many issues (lots of leaks). Although they can all be fixed, I am just leery of the 130K and what other problems may arise. Besides, my brother, a car guy, told me to walk away.   :D

Someone mechanically inclined may be interested:

2011 GMC RB-42

http://sportsmobile.com/preowned-sportsmobile-north-inc/

If a mechanic told you to pass  I wouldn't want it.

So I clicked on the links and looked around at the Sportsmobiles, and on the 'band van' section I stumbled across an acquaintance of mine...

Small dang world here on the inter-web....

PRbandvan.JPG

Attachments

• PRbandvan.JPG
    PRbandvan.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts