2006 Town & Country build

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little more progress on the van last weekend but not as much as I hoped for.  I had to work until 3 on Saturday and got interrupted after that.  It was a really good interruption though, I sold my old pickup!

Proceeds from selling the truck I ordered the single most expensive thing I need.  A refrigerator.  I ordered a Norcold NRF 30.  Need to get that in and mounted so I can finish the rest of the cabinet.

I ordered it from Amazon.  They had one at Amazon warehouse deals that said used like new condition, has damaged outer packaging.  It was about 90 bucks cheaper so I went for it.  Cost $511 with tax and it will be here Friday.  I know the Dometic fridges seem to be more popular but Dometic didn't quite have the size I wanted with a door that opens the direction I want it to go.  The dometic CFX 35 or the older style CF35 were just a bit to long to slide out while the rear seat is flipped up and would have to be installed the other direction, invading the space I have set aside for water containers and reflectics window shade storage.

http://www.thetford.com/product/nrf-30/

I did get the first flip up door mounted to the cabinet before they showed up to buy my pickup, and it is going to work the way I want it to.

There is just enough room to still flip the seat up and down for lounging.

Little more progress and one more picture.  I got the front door made and mounted tonight after work.  I only had about 1 hour of daylight by the time I got home but i made the most of it.

My fridge showed up today!  I'm so happy.  It's much quieter than I expected, even pleasant sounding.  Just a nice hum you can barely hear.  The best part is it fits.  I would have had to turn the fridge the other direction to use any of the Dometic units because their door opens front to back instead of side to side like this one does.

I made another video for the last few days of work on the van: part 6 

Norcold NRF 30: 

Set in place to the cabinet where it will live once I make a slide out for it. 

Made some progress today but I didn't snap any pictures while I was making videos.  I'll take some in the morning to add.  Made the front slide out for the bed and the slide out for my refrigerator.  

becida said:
My 2005 T&C has 222 thousand miles on it & it's still going strong.

Thanks! That's encouraging. I bought the same make model and year last summer with 54k miles, garaged, well maintained. Am hoping mine has a long happy life ahead of it. Great conversion photos.