2001 E-350 extended WB build

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr Nelson, I see your van is free of the metal rollbar mine has. I want mine out because from the floor to the bars are only about 5' 5". Nice van, by the way! We are only a year apart. I may be grabbing she of ome of your ideas. Loll! Goingto follow your build!

Finally some progress on the flooring. Took me ages to make the floor more or less level, even had to use some "flexible bondo".
After seeing a couple of renovation videos and all those black/moldy subfloors, I painted the plywood with mold-killing primer and caulked all around the subfloor.

[img=587x440]

And on top comes this moisture barrier to prevent any condensation under the subfloor:
[img=594x447]

1.5 cans of 3M 90 adhesive spray later, the moisture barrier/underlayment was in:
[img=602x451]

And then vinyl planks. I originally wanted another color, but after waiting over a month, I cancelled the order. Not sure what it is, I have a lot of problems with orders. They don't arrive or won't ship (e.g. my Engel Freezer took me 5 orders and 10+ phone calls. Eventually, I had to fax them my drivers license... what a pain that was).
I found cutting the vinyl planks with heavy duty scissors was the easiest.
[img=600x450]

It started raining and I stopped, cuz I don't want to a headache from the adhesive spray.