2000 Chevy Express project

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
galladanb said:
Hi Chris! i have luved looking at at your project!

We have the 3500 extended and I am curious how many boxes of the boards did you buy?
And how many boxes do you think I will need for my baby?

Also how many water heater blankets did you use for the walls?
The material was not fiberglass right?

Sorry; I guess I never saw these questions before.
Not sure which 'boards' you are referring to. I bought supplies as needed/used.
The hardboard for the mattress segments were reused from the ceiling. They come in 4x8 sections just like plywood, as well as smaller project panel sections.
The wall insulation was not fiberglass, it was denim water heater blankets cut flat. After additional reading, I'm not sure I would use this type of insulation again, as it seems to be prone to mold, insects, settling, etc over time. 
Look at my Amazon link below under 'van items.' You will find links to everything I got from Amazon for this build.

HI Chris!
I was asking about how many packages of the boards that you used in the ceiling and walls...

And Thx for all the ideas. We are going to head over to Jo Ann's tomorrow to see if we can get some of that crafting felt as you suggested!

And if I may, what type of material is it that you used for the mattress cover?
Was that at Jo Anns as well? I am not finding a good selection of material around here that ISNT 35 bucks per yard... Yikes!

Thx again!

Just got back from JoAnns...
Found and bought some felt about 12 yards at a fraction of what I was going to spend for the higher grade stuff. This will be used to cover all the plywood edges and wood surfaces!

Also for our bed mattress cover, we picked up what I think will be awesumm!

I actually had a fifty percent off coupon, but didn't get to use it, because the felt and upholstery material was on sale for half off already!

And the lady that helped us, told me to text to a number and type in coupon for a 20% off code.....

WOW!

galladanb said:
HI Chris!
I was asking about how many packages of the boards that you used in the ceiling and walls...

And Thx for all the ideas. We are going to head over to Jo Ann's tomorrow to see if we can get some of that crafting felt as you suggested!

And if I may, what type of material is it that you used for the mattress cover?
Was that at Jo Anns as well? I am not finding a good selection of material around here that ISNT 35 bucks per yard... Yikes!

Thx again!

Hmm...I think I only bought 2 4x8 white polywall panels and did strategic cuts; they did not have to reach the floor everywhere due to the bed/wheel boxes.
The JoAnn's fabric; I'm not sure exactly what it was; some kind of soft touch velour type material. I just shopped the cheap material until I found a whole bolt of something I liked. The 20% off coupons are easy to come by, yes. The material was $3/yd x 8 = $24 x 20% off = $19.20

as far as the t-in-g boards; I'm thinking it was 3 packages and I ended up with some left over.

I made a picture montage video for those interested.
Links to virtually everything I used or have are included below the video.
Please give a thumbs up if you like it. Enjoy.

Great Build! I watched the montage video you made and saw that you whited out the windows at the end. What product is that? It still has great visibility from the inside. I would love to have that.