1972 Chevy Ram

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now the California tags expire January 2022

With title transfered to me as owner/co owner

California registration under my name

Aaa insurance deal is under my father's I think as he is older and has a better driving record

Perhaps going south through Mexico would be better soon while on the west coast than later?

Goals
Live under a 700/month budget and keep 19k savings

Find a warm environment and focus on health

Davsey85 said:
Is the crv something that may be liveable in and may it still be better to head out east first than to go across the border now ?
 Yes, your CRV is livable, people live in every kind of vehicle you can imagine. You might not want it as a permanent living space, but it could definitely serve you well.

What would be the advantage TO YOU of going across the border now? Do you understand Mexico's entry requirements? Do you have a place to stay, at least initially, while you get used to 1) living in a vehicle and 2) living in a strange country?

I don't have a place to stay

Perhaps houseless after a couple days

Benefit to going to Mexico now would be to spend time along the pacific ocean beaches away from bad air quality in northern California

Only thing in mind are airbnbs and room rentals

I know its not winter yet but one of the problems I had doing the 2019 winter was that I was still cold in the vehicle wearing a hoodie and sweatpants in Yuma,Az i seem to have some immune system problems that manifest in
colder weather

Seems that even in the middle 40s overnight the body struggles in this climate.I used a sleeping bag as well

Dehydration can manifest itself with being cold. I know I have to drink a lot more water in the desert than I do the rest of the year elsewhere. I carry two 40 oz thermos bottles of water that I drink every day. In the desert, I try to drink three.