• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 Shasta Compact for Sale - SOLD!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildbill

Reaction score
Due to my health.....I am having to get honest with myself.....I am throwing this out there to see if there is an interest within our community, as I truly want one of our own to have this.....I have been working on the trailer and I tell you....it is ready. It is ready to live in, here are the details:

It has been rebuilt, totally sealed up and no way it will leak for many, many years. the inside has been rebuilt, not the fancy wood finish but everything is new. It is ready to live in.

Has an A/C unit that will run you out of there.

Has a sink and pump (110) 10 gal tank under the sink. No grey tank, but has a Blue Boy for when needed. 

Has the stock propane stove, it is a 3 burner, 2 burners work as the defuser to one burner is missing.....over does not work.....don't know why.

OK, it does have an 18 watt solar system (Coleman), with a 65 amp hour battery and a modified sine 400 watt inverter.....very small system.....BUT.....here is the thing.....I have customized a ladder rack for the top of the trailer....solid as a rock.....ran the 2X4s (3) across, so it is ready for a solar install......which was next on my list to install, and still might but the price keeps going up on this trailer as work continues as my health permits. I was going to install a Renogy 300 Watt kit.....PWM and a Wanderer inverter......

Was also going to add a generator......like a Honda 2100.....but, a Craftsman 2000.....I might have a lead on a used one, waiting to hear, but like I said, the price just keeps going up.

Right this minute a person could hook up and drive off and stay in this trailer, it has the bed built out and a small counter top....not counting the kitchen counter.....

I love this little trailer, the windows all crank out and have new screens.....it has some dings on the outside, but, 49 year old trailer. I think it is better than a cargo trailer.....my opinion.

Here it is, DRUM ROLLLLLLLLL...………………..I will let it go for $2300 firm...….and that is at this moment, as or rather (if) the build progresses the price goes up. 

Like I said, this is due to health as I was planning on my escape. I feel guilty like I am letting you people down.

So please serious only.

so sorry to here you are giving up. how are the tires, brakes, and have the wheel bearings been serviced. highdesertranger

I hate like hell to say I am giving up......I am having COPD exacerbations.....knocking me down but not for good yet....lol.....

This trailer does not have brakes.....tires are like new.....wheel bearing were pulled and greased.....it has mostly sat somewhere so no wear....
I love this thing.....and I am not just saying that.....

sorry to sound harsh, I should have worded that different. again my apologies. highdesertranger

no worries my friend.....I took no offense at all......now, help me sell this thing.....lol

Oh and BTW.....this unit is in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.....

Makes me wish I was ready to add a trailer.

I worked on the trailer today, painted a red stripe down the side. Looks pretty sweet because the 2X4s on the ladder rack are red too. I went and looked at a small fridge at Lowes, a 110 unit, very small and it was $69 bucks. Probably a winner winner....

^^^ You need to look at what it draws for power and then add in inverter losses to see what it really takes to run it.

Picking up at least (1) 300 watt solar panel tomorrow.....moving foward

does anybody want me to pick them up a panel??????? $125 buck-a-roos

Where are they, and what dimensions ? I would need to check my roof to see if they would fit among the other stuff.

I am in Oklahoma.....the panels are in Texas, Allen.....they asked $120 not $125 and he sold me a panel for $100.....I got one and damn it's big. It measures 77 X 39 X 2......I might be going back for another one.

It was a nice town from what I saw, and the storage unit, with the panels, is right off of the highway. I just spoke to Wes, that has the biz to sell them, and I am going back down to get another panel.....

You started the thread saying it was ready to live in and you wanted to sell it. But now you are putting solar on it?

maki2 said:
You started the thread saying it was ready to live in and you wanted to sell it. But now you are putting solar on it?

the trailer itself is a dandy.....completely rebuilt....not perfect.....but yes it is ready to live in. I listed a bunch of stuff that I had in the plans, a large solar system and a generator. So, the build goes foward...……...600 watt solar system and new 50 amp controller are what is happening now. So I really don't know what you are asking.   ***Please re-read my intro***

I assume you mean a travel trailer? What is the weight and other pertinent details (like length). Do you have pictures you could share?

Adventuregurl said:
I assume you mean a travel trailer? What is the weight and other pertinent details (like length). Do you have pictures you could share?

I dont have pics on my laptop.....but google Shasta Compact 1971......weight is around 1000 lbs.....13 ft bumper to hitch.....the price I listed is no longer valid.....