12V Chargeable Tool Systems

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used several brands professionally, Ryobi about 15 years ago and wasn't impressed with them, however I think they are much much better now. Then had a set of Rigid tools before the lifetime warranty. They were excellent and took a lot of abuse for many years. Then moved onto Dewalt which I also used professionally and have nothing but good things to say about them. My current set is Milwaukee, I have a lot of their 12volt and 18volt tools and have been more than impressed yet again. I don't do it professionally anymore, so I imagine these will last a good time to come. Once these need replacing I'll probably go back to the Rigid to take advantage of their lifetime warranty.

In closing, cordless tools have come a long long way in the last 15 years, just in the last few years they've gotten even better. Go with any major brand and I think you can't go wrong......Ryobi, Rigid, Dewalt, Milwaukee, Makita, etc. The only few i'd recommend not going with would be harbor freight and porter cable, know several people personally that had less than stellar luck with them. I have no experience with Craftsman battery stuff, but don't care for their brand in general.

Every Road Leads Home said:
  Then moved onto Dewalt which I also used professionally and have nothing but good things to say about them.  

My friend used his tools hard, and recommends Dewalt, so that's what I went with. I imagine most of the major brands are good.
 Ya Pays Yer Money, and Makes Yer Choice.