1200. Coronavirus Payment & SSI / VA Pension

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I receive SS by direct deposit to Direct Express. I don't make enough to have to file taxes. I haven't received or heard anything.Does anyone know how to check my status? The IRS website says not to use
the 'Where's my payment' button or the other choice. I'm starting to be concerned. Thanks for any help.

I used the where's my payment link this morning and it worked for me.

I believe they have only done one round of direct deposits.

When I enter my information into the where’s my payment site, which I did just a minute ago, it still tells me that I am eligible for this payment but they don’t have a payment date yet, and to check only once daily.

I still think it’s too soon to be worried.

The getmypayment website finally let me enter my information and supposedly, my refund payment will be deposited....soon.

Whatever that means.

I filled in the checking info last week, now it says they will mail me a check on the 1st.

I finally got through on the "Get My Payment" site and it says my payment is scheduled for deposit on April 29.

SSA-1099 non-filer

Credit card? I don’t understand. Deposited to your bank credit card account instead of your checking account?

WanderingRose said:
I think it is meant that the payment was applied to the credit card balance.

Yes. Sorry for the confusion Jean.

@slow2day

Wow... I guess everyone with multiple accounts at the bank should check to see if funds were misapplied.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

slow2day said:
Mine arrived today. Went to the credit card.

I'm guessing this refers to the Direct Express card, the government authorized debit card for direct deposit of SS benefits?

Unknown.jpeg

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    8.3 KB · Views: 3
bonvanroulez said:
I'm guessing this refers to the Direct Express card, the government authorized debit card for direct deposit of SS benefits?

No, I paid off my balance on a Visa card I have thru my credit union.  My direct deposit goes into a checking account. Online banking lets me transfer funds between accounts easily.

I have a friend that has their SS applied to a card like the one you mention but it's a debit card, not really a credit card.