Oregon Coast Get Together Tillamook, Oregon July 20 to 28th, 2019

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelda

Reaction score
Oregon Coast Get Together in Tillamook, Oregon

July 20 to 28th, 2019

Port of Tillamook RV Park ttp://www.potb.org/rv-park/

We are having a Get Together of nomads and friends the last week of July 2019 on the central Oregon Coast. July 20th to July 28th. You are welcome to come early and stay longer.

We chose Tillamook, Oregon on the coast. It is an hour's drive WEST from Portland, Oregon.
This campground is by the Tillamook Air Museum, costs $15.00 (cash) a night. That's an incredible bargain for the coast. There is a bathroom provided.
It is basically an open meadow and there are picnic tables. Beware this is a first come type campground. There are no reservations for this small campground. Also note the entrance to the campground is a different road than the entrance to the airport. The road sign at Highway 101 is Matlock Way. Again there are NO reservations. This is a small campground.
Come for a good time and make friends and travel plans with others.
There is no stage, no pavilion, and no bathhouse. Nothing is planned except for potlucks on both Sundays, a Dessert for Dinner evening, a pancake breakfast and daily gathering at 4:20.

Tillamook, Oregon is a great place to start, stop or continue any travel adventures you may have in the great Pacific Northwest.

Yes, there will be a free pile so bring anything you no longer need that you think someone else could use. The free pile is always fun.
Please private message me if you are interested in attending.
Tillamook has shopping, restaurants, and the famous cheese and ice cream factories.
There is also dispersed camping on the Trask River just a few miles out of town. The Blue Heron Cheese Store allows overnight stays, free.

There is much to do in the area. Munson Falls is a nice short trail along the stream to a waterfall, Tillamook Air Museum is located across from the campground, train rides, petal train railrides, kayaking on the bay, Cape Meares Lighthouse, fishing, etc.

http://www.potb.org/rv-park/ campground info.

https://tillamookcoast.com/ has lots of info.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g52097-Activities-c42-

Great hiking at Cape Lookout State Park Campground and it has an RV dump as well as Bar View Jetty Campground. Kilchis Trail is also a great loop hike https://www.oregonhikers.org/field_guide/Kilchis_Point_Loop_Hike

sounds great Nelda, always have a great relaxing time up there. count me in

for any paddlers (canoes, kayaks, stand up paddle boards, what have you...) out there that may come, bring you paddle craft. tillamook offers tons of paddling opportunities. looks like there will be at least 4 of us there with paddle craft so i am working on planning a couple of easy scenic paddles. a short half day float down one of the local rivers, thinking the tillamook or trask rivers. easy float maybe a little class 1/2 riffle. and another paddle on the bay/estuary. dont have days times or places picked out yet. all skill levels welcome we just want to relax on the water and see pretty things you cant see from shore

we will set up a shuttle for the float but should not need one for the bay paddle.

shoot me a PM if you are interested. chances are i will be in the area before and or after for some more paddling, your welcome to join in then as well

no promises,i'm day to day like everyone else but firewood? i got it,should i bring some?

i got the 420 for the afternoon hangout too

think you can get the group rates?

Gary68 said:
"no promises,i'm day to day like everyone else but firewood? i got it,should i bring some?"

Gary, of course firewood would be appreciated.  I've been waiting years to see your Chinook. Hope you come and see us.

I hope I get my travel trailer renovation finished in time to make it, I like the Tillamook airport for camping. I stopped there on the way back to Seattle, I bought the trailer in Lincoln City, Oregon.

The giant historic, blimp hangar that is at the campground certainly makes my rig look like tiny toys. I posed them in front of the hangar just for fun for the contrast in size. If I make the meetup I will have to do an updated photo.
trip home1.jpg

Attachments

• trip home1.jpg
    trip home1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 30
Hi there.  I'm new to this website and am looking forward to meeting others involved with a mobile lifestyle.  The Tillamook gathering looks like a great way for me to get acquainted.  Thank you!

Jerry from Brooklyn is touring Oregon presently.  Will definitely be at this gathering.  And I am an old U of O duck.

Oregon Coast get together is coming soon.  We encourage people to share spaces in the meadow and remember to bring useful items for the free table.  Also, from highway101, the street name is MATLOCK WAY, not Airport Road.  See ya soon!

Second official day of the GTG! Come on down - nice weather, except for the wind on occasion, good people, good food, good conversation!

Big thank you to Gary and Nelda for arranging the get together!
IMG_9421a.jpg

Camping in a field of flowers
IMG_9413a.jpg

IMG_9425a.jpg

Breakfast! Thanks to the cooks - Jane, Marty and Nelda

IMG_9433a.jpg

IMG_9429a.jpg

Free pile!

IMG_9439.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9421a.jpg
    IMG_9421a.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9413a.jpg
    IMG_9413a.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9425a.jpg
    IMG_9425a.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9429a.jpg
    IMG_9429a.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9433a.jpg
    IMG_9433a.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9439.JPG
    IMG_9439.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 17
If you can stick around for the Tillamook County Fair, August 7-10, you can see the wild and crazy Pig & Ford races.

hahahaha that announcer was right that might be the most redneck thing I have ever seen. well maybe not beer wasn't involved. highdesertranger

Missing all of you!

Big hugs from me to all of  you - see you in the fall!

Maybe next year ...
Great pictures! Missing all of you!!!
Thanks, Karen!

Missing you guys too!

Enjoying the sun
IMG_9451a.jpg

Field trip to the Air Museum
IMG_9473a.jpg     IMG_9497a.jpg    IMG_9469a.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9451a.jpg
    IMG_9451a.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9473a.jpg
    IMG_9473a.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9497a.jpg
    IMG_9497a.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9469a.jpg
    IMG_9469a.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 15
Had such a nice time meeting up with old friends and new.
Good to see you all and looking forward to seeing you again at the (W)RTR!
Happy Trails!

Latest posts