Northwest Get Together in Oregon Middle July

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelda

Reaction score
We will be having a little get together in Oregon for anyone wishing to come to the
 Great Northwest starting Friday, July 15th, 2016
The GTG location is 60 minutes West of Portland, Oregon or approximately 56 miles.  It is 20 miles East or 30 minutes from the coast town of Seaside, Oregon
It will be held in the large yard of a private residence located on the bank of the Nehalem River.
Google Elsie, Oregon to get an idea of the location.
How long will it last?  Don't know.  Not close to anything.  Bring whatever you need, nothing is provided.
What will be provided is a plethora of laughter and friendships and a good time for all.
The actual address won't be published here as it is a private home, but drop me a private message or Cheri at [email protected]   a note if interested in attending and the the directions will be sent to you.

DAMMIT!!! Another one I'll miss!!!

Since I'll be in WA, I should be able to make it. Hope so!

Yay!  Count me in!  I finally get to attend one.  I was hoping to make it to the Summer RTR but I will be all the way across the country in NC and VA visiting family and attending my oldest great-nieces high school graduation at that time.  She's graduating from the same high school I graduated from many moons ago.  Exciting!

Well folks, believe it or not, but it looks like I probably won't make this one!

That same weekend I've already got plans to attend a motorcycle freako gathering, that I've been very personally involved in since it's first run way back in '92.

Can't believe there's a CRVL get-together this close to my home (2 1/2 hours away), and I'll hafta pass! :(

There's a small chance I can make it, but I'll probably be in another part of the state working.

It's really great to see members organizing local RTRs for those that can't make the trip to the SW !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Way to go tribe !

rvpopeye said:
It's really great to see members organizing local RTRs for those that can't make the trip to the SW !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Way to go tribe !

I agree, sure wish there were more of us stuck in Ontario for the summer.... :(

towhee said:
I am excited!  There is a 21 mile rails to trails bike path near there that I have been wanting to try. It goes from Banks to Vernonia.

http://oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm?do=main.loadFile&load=_siteFiles/publications/bv.pdf

Towhee, I live about 20 miles from the Banks trailhead.  I've ridden the trail many times and it is BEAUTIFUL!  I love it. There are some very yummy restaurants in Vernonia too.   TripAdvisor 10 Best Vernonia Restaurants 2016.  If you'd like some company, I'll also bring my bike.

This is wonderful! I live less than an hour from this area. I will be a great "getting my toes wet" time and place. I'm 99% sure I will be there.

Gigi

Rondaj by all means bring your bike. I like to ride together. Can we ride to vernonia to eat? Maybe others will be inspired to bring the bike. And btw I am a slow rider. Not speed demon on a road bike. More like a middle aged woman on a recumbent tadpole trike (a Catrike).

towhee said:
Rondaj by all means bring your bike. I like to ride together. Can we ride to vernonia to eat? Maybe others will be inspired to bring the bike. And btw I am a slow rider. Not speed demon on a road bike. More like a middle aged woman on a recumbent tadpole trike (a Catrike).

Awesomeness!  I’ll ride at whatever pace you prefer.  It would be great if others bring bikes too.  We can start at either end or at LL Stub Stewart State Park which is almost at the mid-point, and there are hiking trails there too if anyone is interested.  And yes, we can most definitely eat in Vernonia.  It’s a quaint tiny little bike friendly town and is being revitalized with the help of visitors bringing much needed business there.

Your Catrike looks way cool!

Almost There
Go ahead and start an organizational thread for your area.
If there are less people it will be easier to find a place !

rvpopeye said:
Almost There
Go ahead and start an organizational thread for your area.
If there are less people it will be easier to find a place !

Thanks but to the best of my knowledge, I'm the only one in Ontario!

There's a bunch on the west coast, 3,000 miles away and one or a couple on the east coast, only 2,000 miles away but none here!!

I keep trying to convince a bunch of friends that are on the other side of the white line on the map that they want to come visit me this summer... :D

I'll definitely be there. I'm bring my bike too. :=)  Looking forward to meeting all, the hikes & biking.  :D

Latest posts